Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Series 7 Does not support vidoes

(Topic created on: 25-02-2019 11:32 AM)
CyprusGrump
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I had a 40" Series 6 LED TV which is connected to a NAS with 1.25Tb of video files of various types (.avi, .mkv, etc.).

Unfortunately, we had an accident on Friday and the set was physically damaged.

I bought a new Series 7 43" on Saturday, unplugged the Series 6  and replaced it with the Series 7.

Unfortunatly, hardly any of my video library will play on the new set! Either file not supported or audio format not supported.

I've checked and have the latest firmware... have I bought a €450 paperweight?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

84 REPLIES 84
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

Wow what a troll. You obviously had no idea what I was talking about. You are not even competent in literacy! 

I don't work for Samsung I was suggesting a work round.

If you can not get your pirated material that you have obtained illegally to work that is not Samsung's fault. If you were competent and you had ripped your own movie collection then it would be very easy to put the file in a container that the TV would play.

So stop having a go at me because the "download" you have does not work.

Or perhaps 3 different accounts bumping a thread that is dead all down to the fact the files you have not paid for do not work.

Prove me wrong and if you do then this is a non issue. As re-ripping a movie does not take long to do again.

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options
You do not need to buy anything to convert a file on the fly from a DLNA server.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:
You do not need to buy anything to convert a file on the fly from a DLNA server.

Thing is you should not have to plexiglass should work. What makes it even worse,  is Samsung does not advertise that they have removed DTS support. They just say it Dolby digital. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:
Sony runs android on TVs
Samsung runs Tizen on TVs

Connect to your NAS via Wifi and run it DLNA mode

NAS boxes can have software installed
There will be a way to get your files to play even an on the fly decode. I have given you plenty of ideas to work with but if you just wanted to rant why?

Just take it back simply swap it for an something running android.

Maybe do a bit of research and you would have known the play store was not or will not be on Samsumg running Tizen OS.

Demanding the play store NOW will not work.

What audio codec is the MPEG4 in? (even though x265 is the best picture with big compression)

/helpfinished

Get an lg,  DTS support,  and Dolby atmos pass through. The c8 is a thing of beauty. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:

@Xyed wrote:

I do not want to stream a video from a laptop / desktop / phone to the TV.

I would like to be able to play the content I have on an external NAS ( connected to the tv by the external hardrive USB port ).

The video plays but it will not load the sound. I belive it's because it's using DTS

Well encode your files without the need for DTS.

Do you have a sound system that requires it?

What program are you using to compress the data from your film collection to your NAS server?

How are you getting the files onto your NAS?

What is the brand of NAS server you are using? I could then suggest an alternate method

Is your NAS wifi or just calling a portable HDD your NAS?

All I am saying is kicking off for something that you could change when encoding your films which would solve your issue

But why drop the DTS support? ??  That is the question here,  and Samsung have not been open about it. Most people upgrade a tv expecting it to be as good and hopefully better,  not inferior,  and most people do not want all these extra items at cost to get it to work. Also it annoys the hell out if me when you start throwing around unsubstantiated remarks about where other posters got their files.  Non of your business! 

0 Likes
CyprusGrump
Explorer
Options

@Madasahat 

You simply aren't listening re you...?

Nobody doubts that there may be workarounds for this issue!

The point is, nobody wants to workaround or recode their video library - wherever they came from!

Yes, we can completely understand that if you buy a new TV it may not support some obsolete technology - nobody expects to buy a 4K flat screen and plug a SCART cable in from their VCR. 

But it is not unreasonable to expect that it will support DTS and that if you have a video library you would be able to play them as you did on a Series 6 without faffing around. And another valid point here, while I would be able to recode or reconfigure my NAS, Mrs. Cyprusgrump certainly wouldn't and shouldn't be expected to.

At the very least Samsung should advertise the limitation of their new sets and make sales staff aware of them.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CyprusGrump wrote:

@Madasahat 

The point is, nobody wants to workaround or recode their video library - wherever they came from!

Yes, we can completely understand that if you buy a new TV it may not support some obsolete technology - nobody expects to buy a 4K flat screen and plug a SCART cable in from their VCR. 

But it is not unreasonable to expect that it will support DTS and that if you have a video library you would be able to play them as you did on a Series 6 without faffing around. And another valid point here, while I would be able to recode or reconfigure my NAS, Mrs. Cyprusgrump certainly wouldn't and shouldn't be expected to.

At the very least Samsung should advertise the limitation of their new sets and make sales staff aware of them.

You are  so ✔right

Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@CyprusGrump wrote:

@Madasahat 

Now this I will listen to an educated response, with facts and no trolling. Correct things that did work still should work it really is that simple. I was on my guard and defence when I became the brunt of a Samsung employee which I am not.

Thank you for understanding where I was coming from. 

I totally accept your valid and rational argument. I also agree with you.

Madasahat
Voyager
Options
Like I said disprove what I said where the files are from! You can't start crying about something not playing stolen files when the content does not even belong to the person in the 1st place. We all know, just what? I have said it "oh noes"
Yes Samsung should tell people about changes but don't moan when it actually has not really burdened you. Download the file again and be done with it.
Prove that the files you are crying about belong to you and I will buy you a digital copy
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:
Like I said disprove what I said where the files are from! You can't start crying about something not playing stolen files when the content does not even belong to the person in the 1st place. We all know, just what? I have said it "oh noes"
Yes Samsung should tell people about changes but don't moan when it actually has not really burdened you. Download the file again and be done with it.
Prove that the files you are crying about belong to you and I will buy you a digital copy

I would hate to work with an obnoxious angry person you are. This is supposed to an open friendly forum.  We are here to ask and try to help,  not rant and rave,  outrageous.  Think nice people mention his behavior to @AntS  the moderator. 

0 Likes