Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Series 7 Does not support vidoes

(Topic created on: 16-12-2018 12:49 PM)
CyprusGrump
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I had a 40" Series 6 LED TV which is connected to a NAS with 1.25Tb of video files of various types (.avi, .mkv, etc.).

Unfortunately, we had an accident on Friday and the set was physically damaged.

I bought a new Series 7 43" on Saturday, unplugged the Series 6  and replaced it with the Series 7.

Unfortunatly, hardly any of my video library will play on the new set! Either file not supported or audio format not supported.

I've checked and have the latest firmware... have I bought a €450 paperweight?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

84 REPLIES 84
Mafia8540
Explorer
Options

***** garbage does not play any movies and there is no ip tv player

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

It plays most file extensions via my media laptop with all my films on. DLNA then the TV plays fine with its built in media player. And lots of options for IPTV apps just have a look

If you like your TV you could use remux on your PC to a file/sound format that wprks. Bit of a pain but it's a way. I am sure some program can do this on the fly but I have just got up 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Madasahat wrote:
It plays most file extensions via my media laptop with all my films on. DLNA then the TV plays fine with its built in media player. And lots of options for IPTV apps just have a look

It is a bit odd that there are loads of free IPTV play er s on google play yet the only one on the Samsung's apps is a paid for one.  I know on the lg there are quite a few free one's. 

0 Likes
Xyed
Journeyman
Options

Can you let me know what that 1 app is called ?

Can't find any app as of yet that is usefull. As in not another app you need to buy a movie or service to watch.

0 Likes
Xyed
Journeyman
Options
I have the same issue.

Got a new Series 7 TV 3 days ago.

It plays old video files, but any recent mpeg4 ones.

"Sound not supported".

Would like a reply from a samsung official right now with a date when this ISSUE will be adressed.

No Google Play Store.
No Video playback.

Do I need to request a full refund for this (at the moment) piece of **** ?
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

If you go to the source menu on the TV you should be able to see your media hub (or my laptop) you don't need a program it's built in. If you can't see the device you want to stream from then if you are running Windows you need to run media player and look for the sharing setting and turn it on. 

Let me know what OS you have and or what you are trying to stream from. 

Another suggestion is a program called media browser it has lots of support for different devices.

Madasahat
Voyager
Options
Samsung do not run android on their Tvs it is a Samsung development OS called "Tizen"
If you want the Google app store a firestick could be the way forward for you as you can sideload APKs of your choice and the Amazon app store has a few choices.
I have file formats ranging from .AVI to .x264 and .x265 that all work. Not had an issue with sound as of yet.

You can use your phone with an app called BubbleUPnP that converts the file then sends it to the TV

What file format and sound codec does the video file you are trying to play have. If it has 7.1 sound that maybe that is the problem. Look at sound settings too and choose the expert section and have a poke about
Xyed
Journeyman
Options

I do not want to stream a video from a laptop / desktop / phone to the TV.

I would like to be able to play the content I have on an external NAS ( connected to the tv by the external hardrive USB port ).

The video plays but it will not load the sound. I belive it's because it's using DTS

0 Likes
Xyed
Journeyman
Options
All other brands can play the same file, except seriers 7 from Samsung.

That should not happen when you drop 600 euros on a tv.

You can not expect someone to buy your ***** product for that much and then just tell them: "Hey if you want to play your videos you need to buy 3`rd party acccesories to play them".
Xyed
Journeyman
Options

If samsung don't want to support DTS or what ever it's missing just to avoid paying Royalties ( Seems like a realy stupid marketing decision - who will buy your product when they it doesn't have the functions they want ? ) - then at least have the Google Play Store installed so we can install what ever we so ***** well please to "replace" the functions you removed without a logical reason.

Yes. This was a little bit of a rant.

BUT IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE>