Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Q9FN - tv stand has 'Q7F / Q8' stamped on it.

(Topic created on: 18-05-2019 04:36 PM)
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Hi all,

My recently bought in UK Q9FN 55"

The stand for the TV has 'Q7F 55' stamped in the metal on the back plate that fixes to the back of the tv

And the bottom part of the stand, on the underside its stamped 'Q7F 55 / Q8'

This cant be right... the stand does appear right for the tv, right colour, size, shape etc

But how come its stamped with the wrong model numbers??

I know the q7fn tv has the same style stand but its Silver colour, not black / brushed gun metal type colour as the q9fn stand is

And the Q8f stand is completley different design to the q9fn...

Also i noticed on my tv when i took it out the box and held it At each side with my hands the whole tv twists / flexes almost like bends and were the screen sits on the front its not evenly centered, theres a small gap between the screen and plastic bezel on the left side but on the right side theres no gap at all, the screen edge is pushed right up against the thin plastic bezel border

If possible can all you q9fn owners look what model number is stamped on the underside of your 'stand' and post it here?

Im getting very suspicious of samsung at the moment... my tv auto updated a week ago to firmware 1251, since update its put itself into standby on 4/5 occasions every time the tv had only been on for 30-60 minutes

And i keep getting blank home screens when i open youtube, no video thumbnails showing.

Today i filmed my youtube app for over 5mins with my phone, kept cahnging from 'home' to 'history' etc, just constant greyed out blank boxes, no videos thumbnails showing up

And ive only just learnt that samsung recently got fined 5 million for intentionally slowing down performance of their mobile phones by software updates to try get owners to upgrade to newer models.... Disgusting!! I thought it was just apple who'd been caught doing that

3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Leet2274 wrote:

Hi all,

My recently bought in UK Q9FN 55"

The stand for the TV has 'Q7F 55' stamped in the metal on the back plate that fixes to the back of the tv

And the bottom part of the stand, on the underside its stamped 'Q7F 55 / Q8'

This cant be right... the stand does appear right for the tv, right colour, size, shape etc

But how come its stamped with the wrong model numbers??

I know the q7fn tv has the same style stand but its Silver colour, not black / brushed gun metal type colour as the q9fn stand is

And the Q8f stand is completley different design to the q9fn...

Also i noticed on my tv when i took it out the box and held it At each side with my hands the whole tv twists / flexes almost like bends and were the screen sits on the front its not evenly centered, theres a small gap between the screen and plastic bezel on the left side but on the right side theres no gap at all, the screen edge is pushed right up against the thin plastic bezel border

If possible can all you q9fn owners look what model number is stamped on the underside of your 'stand' and post it here?

Im getting very suspicious of samsung at the moment... my tv auto updated a week ago to firmware 1251, since update its put itself into standby on 4/5 occasions every time the tv had only been on for 30-60 minutes

And i keep getting blank home screens when i open youtube, no video thumbnails showing.

Today i filmed my youtube app for over 5mins with my phone, kept cahnging from 'home' to 'history' etc, just constant greyed out blank boxes, no videos thumbnails showing up

And ive only just learnt that samsung recently got fined 5 million for intentionally slowing down performance of their mobile phones by software updates to try get owners to upgrade to newer models.... Disgusting!! I thought it was just apple who'd been caught doing that

Everything should work fine and if it doesn't I would suspect a faulty set. Always report any issues to you retailers and get it logged as faulty. In the first 30 days you can ask for a replacement or refund at no cost to you if faulty. 

Paul

0 Likes
chrisnewton
Navigator
Options

Check out my post about you tube.. Is yours doing same as mine? 

0 Likes
Leet2274
Pioneer
Options

Its even got 'Q7F' on the barcode stickers on the bags that the 2 stand parts come in.

My mate has a q9fn that he bought last summer, luckily he still has his box and packaging, he said his has the correct 'q9fn' on these packaging bags

Given how bad my tv is and how the whole tv bends / flexes so badly im starting to think i may have gotten a manufacturer refurbished / repaired tv thats just been re boxed and had new film put on the screen etc

I notice samsung dont put manufacture date stickers on the box and back of the tv like sony do...

Also you seen on samsung website they let you return a tv within 100 days for any reason at all if ur not happy with it. Just imagine how many people just sent them back close to 100 days for the sake of it.

What do they do then with all those returned tv's?  Clean them up then sell em with great offers like 'free galaxy phones' or £900 high end soundbars for 450 half price. Doesnt half make me wonder...IMG_20190519_1956417.jpg

IMG_20190519_1956253.jpg

0 Likes