Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
Ja5on
First Poster
Options

Thanks for quick reply and answer which makes sense.. I have iPads, tablets but no laptop to download it.. I know I know!! Lol.. I’ll wait a lil longer for it to appear.

0 Likes
StripeyDonkey
Apprentice
Options

So I have a 7120 and updated to 1260. Where is the Apple App?

0 Likes
arda-4
Apprentice
Options

I did the same, unfortunately still no AirPlay 2

TellusTales
First Poster
Options

I also updated via USB to 1260.8 on my nu6900 and yet no apple tv app nor airplay availability...

0 Likes
Pragnesh
First Poster
Options

I am also not able to see Airplay and Apple TV app, I have UN50NU6950FXZA running on 1251. I am not able to see firmaware update, if i update using USB will i be able to see Airplay and Apple TV app ?

0 Likes
StripeyDonkey
Apprentice
Options

Its available on the 7120 now. No airplay though. 

0 Likes
Chaindriven
First Poster
Options
Could I just ask will the 2017 qe55q7fam be updated by firmware in the future or will it only be for 2018 and beyond
Cheers
0 Likes
FilipposG
Student
Options

My new 55" NU7023 has 1252 firmware update but airplay it isn't enabled. any update on this?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @FilipposG. The NU7020+ range is currently being worked on for Airplay 2 support. Please ensure that your Software Update is set to auto, so you will receive it as soon as it's available. 

Grantrburton
Apprentice
Options

I also have seen that the Apple TV app has downloaded to my nu7120 but it does not appear in the list of airplay devices on my iPhone. Should firmware 1260.8 enable airplay 2?

0 Likes