Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
AntS
Options

@Dimzzy, For avoiding confusion I guess it might be worth mentioning that this forum is only supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, so we only have confirmed info on UK & Ireland TVs. We're happy to have you other guys here and sharing, but for accurate info about your TVs it's better to go by what the Samsung team in your area are saying.

AntS
Options

@boy1980, I've rechecked for you. UE43LS003 definitely isn't compatible with Apple TV and Airplay.

0 Likes
jose_jong
First Poster
Options

Ho, I have Samsung TV Series 4 N4300 Smart TV. After the firmware update to 1251, the Apple TV app is there, with all of my purchases of course. But I can’t set up the AirPlay at all. There is no menu for the airplay. Is my TV compatible with Airplay 2?

0 Likes
Kazzy
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem as BlackDeek on my NU8000.
I tried serveral Smart Hub resets after that the option is available the TV frezzes for some seconds and then its greyed out.

0 Likes
bigsmirt
First Poster
Options

Same exact issue here with same tube as Kazzy.

0 Likes
fembrey
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung NU7020 tv and it is apparently on v. 1252 when the apple TV update seems to be 1251? Is my tv supposed to suport the apple TV app and what can I do to get it?

0 Likes
JPhi
Journeyman
Options

@AntS do you have any release date for the firmware update of TV **NU7120 ?

Thx

0 Likes
uptownjimmy
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same question. 

We still do not see the Apple TV app on our NU6900, yet it is clearly listed as being an "Apple TV compatible Samsung TV", right here:    https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082624/

I have tried all suggested advice. 

I would like to know when this issue will be fixed, please.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@JPhi: We haven’t been given a release date. In the unlikely event of us hearing of a date before the firmware gets released, we’ll post it though. :smiling-face:

@fembrey: Similar story for as the NU7120: a firmware update enabling Apple TV and Airplay for NU7020 is being worked on, but no timescale has been given for release.

AntS
Options

For you other guys, just to repeat what I said earlier in the thread: this forum is only officially supported by the Samsung UK & Ireland team, so us Mods can only give accurate info and advice for Samsung UK and Ireland products.

If you’re not from the UK and Ireland, and you want to know more about whether Apple TV and Airplay is available for your model TV - or if you're encountering any issues with either of those features on your Samsung TV - the best thing to do is get in touch with the Samsung team/Support in your area. :smiling-face:

0 Likes