Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
Franki1
Student
Options

Hi Chris,

Please could you get info on my issue below.

i am running 1262 but still can’t find the apple tv app.

my full model no is: QE65Q9FAM

Software version: T-KTMDEUC-1262.0, BT - S

please help!

0 Likes
Heckjr06
First Poster
Options

Hello Chris, I am in the US shouldn’t I have access to the app with the current fimrware

NU55UN6900

0 Likes
Harrisi
First Poster
Options

I downloaded 1270.3 for my Frame UE43LS003 which through various documents is a 2018 version, and should be compatible with the new Apple TV app, but after a hub reset I’m still not able to see the app. Is it released in the U.K. ? 

0 Likes
JonHeath1980
First Poster
Options

Another QE55Q7FAM user here. I've updated to firmware 1270.3 via USB (as the auto update insisted there was no update even though I was on 1262). 

Anyway it didn't make a difference. I've done the smart hub reset thing as well. Still no sign of the Airplay App being available. This TV should work right?

0 Likes
Katieam1
First Poster
Options
Is it available for UE40NU7120?
0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi all,

We've got some answers for you.

@Katieam1 - We are currently working on enabling this functionality for your TV and it will be enabled via a firmware update in the near future.

@JonHeath1980 @Franki1 @CptGorn - These QLED models are 2017 models. You can check the year using the letters in your model codes. The 'FAM' at the end of your model code shows this is a 2017 model and will unfortunately not be eligible for the new features.

@Heckjr06 - The models that are eligible for the features are the NU7100 and above. Unfortunately, the 6900 model will not be eligible.

Welcome to the Community!

CptGorn
Apprentice
Options
Ok Thanks!
Mano2508
First Poster
Options

Hi,

my model is Qe49Q7CAM. Would it mean it is not supported?

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
That's right, @Mano2508.

The 'M' at the end of your model number means it's a 2017 model.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
boy1980
Apprentice
Options

I live in the UK and have a UE49LS03NAUXXU TV - this is the 2018 Frame TV. But there is no update showing up on the Software Update option on it - it has software 1262 it says and there is no new software for it. I have looked and there is no Apple TV app in the app section. What am I missing? 

0 Likes