Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
DannyT
Options

@NickosD - We currently only have info available for our UK/Ireland TV's here. Have you tried getting in touch with Samsung Greece. Check out their contact info here. 

@Justworkpls - Could we grab the full model code of your TV, and we'll take a look for you?

@JK86 - You're right. You should indeed have access. Are you still having issues with this? Do you have an Apple ID and iTunes account? You may first need to download the app, and it can be found in 'Recommended Apps'. 

@Dangelwalker - Again, we only have info for UK models at the moment. It looks like this a German model? Have you tried getting in touch with Samsung Germany. You can contact them here.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
graham31
Apprentice
Options

Hello my not showing up iv try what you guys  suggested  But still not work my  model is NU7199 it on the list so I’m not sure what going on 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @graham31 

Have you gone into 'recommended apps' to check for this?. 

0 Likes
graham31
Apprentice
Options

hi yeah  i have and airplay 2 not showing at all as well

0 Likes
graham31
Apprentice
Options

as well add to that im on update 1252.0

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @graham31 

Have you also tried a Smart Hub reset?

0 Likes
graham31
Apprentice
Options
yep try that like 4 times now and still no luck
0 Likes
JK86
Student
Options

@DannyT It's not showing in recommended apps for me. My firmware is up to date and I've reset SmartHub several times. Not sure what is going on. I do have an iTunes and Apple account.

0 Likes
Anmale86
First Poster
Options

UE55NU7021 tv (7 series UHD) still nothing despite resets and software updates being run. 1252 software version

0 Likes
Franki1
Student
Options

Hi,

i am also running 1262 but still can’t find the apple tv app.

my full model no is: QE65Q9FAM

Software version: T-KTMDEUC-1262.0, BT - S

please help!

0 Likes