Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
veganalan
First Poster
Options

I have done a smart hub reset, but still no Apple TV app. Nor does it find it in Search..? Smart Things app on iPhone not seeing my 65" The Frame, either.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@FLASunDevil wrote:

I have a 2018 UN70KU630D and cant get airplay or apple play to work, it works on our other samsung fine. Please advise

software version:T-JZL6AKUC-1241.5, BT-S

UPDATED SOPFTWARE TONIGHT

Hi @FLASunDevil , UN70KU630D would be a 2016-series model (even if you bought it in 2018), and so wouldn't support Airplay or Apple TV. With it being a non-UK/Ireland model, you can always check with your local Samsung team to confirm the situation in your area though. 

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
loniboy
First Poster
Options

Model number is QE49Q65RATXXH, software is updated to latest version, no Apple tv app.

Regards...

0 Likes
jk5598224
First Poster
Options

Samsung The Frame does NOT work with Apple MacBook Pro. Only iPad/iPhone works.  Nobody can figure this out.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 07.00.13.png

0 Likes
mpatters
First Poster
Options

Hi there

I have a UE55KU6400 and I cannot find the Apple TV+ app. I have some a Smart Hub reset as per this thread and immediately regretted it as I now need to login to all the apps again. Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
veganalan
First Poster
Options

Hi, model code is UN65LS003

0 Likes
KateD
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung ue49mu6220k and cant find the Apple TV app. I've searched and reset the sheet hub but nothing. Can you abuse. Thanks! 

0 Likes
adamXYL
First Poster
Options

Hello, I downloaded the firmware update, copied it to a USB drive, plugged it into my Samsung Frame UN55LS003AFXZA and it still says no updates available. It said last checked 2018 and the firmware I downloaded said it was released June 4, 2019. What am I doing wrong? I just want Apple TV Plus on my Frame.

Thanks,

Adam

0 Likes
Neuron
First Poster
Options

I have a UE65MU6200

software TKTMDEUC-1280.5,BT-S

I tried to reset the hub but I can't see the appletv app. This TV is only 2 years old and was a top of the range Samsung.

Please tell me the app is coming to this TV?

0 Likes