Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 14-05-2019 12:52 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
JPhi
Journeyman
Options

@AntS wrote:

@JPhi: We haven’t been given a release date. In the unlikely event of us hearing of a date before the firmware gets released, we’ll post it though. :smiling-face:

@fembrey: Similar story for as the NU7120: a firmware update enabling Apple TV and Airplay for NU7020 is being worked on, but no timescale has been given for release.

@AntS the firmware of my NU7120 has been updated (now 1260) and AppleTV works fine ! That's really great.

However I don't know how to use Airplay ? My phone is not finding the TV via Airplay and I see not any mention  of Airplay in the TV settings. Is that normal ? Do I have to do something or wait for another firmware update ?

Many thanks for support

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@JPhi , Glad to hear that you've got Apple TV! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

For Airplay: Are your Apple device(s) on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV; and do they have the required firmware versions (iPhone / iPad iOS 12.2 & above ; Mac OS 12.14.4 & above)?

Also, just to confirm: in Settings > General, is there no 'Apple Airplay Settings' option for you on that menu? If that option is there, go into it and make sure that Airplay is showing as 'on'.

JPhi
Journeyman
Options

@AntS wrote:

@JPhi , Glad to hear that you've got Apple TV! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

For Airplay: Are your Apple device(s) on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV; and do they have the required firmware versions (iPhone / iPad iOS 12.2 & above ; Mac OS 12.14.4 & above)?

Also, just to confirm: in Settings > General, is there no 'Apple Airplay Settings' option for you on that menu? If that option is there, go into it and make sure that Airplay is showing as 'on'.

@AntS thanks for your quick reply !

Yes, my devices' OS are all up to date (iPhone and Mac).

I have checked that every devices are on the same wifi than the TV => it's ok

However no mention of "Apple Airplay Setting" in menu Setting > General  :thinking-face:

What can I do ?

CarlH
Options

Hi @JPhi. The development team is currently working on enabling Airplay 2 functioonality for this particular model (they were working on Apple TV being compatible but as you 've confirmed, that is working now which is great). Keep an eye on your updates to see when this is available. 

JPhi
Journeyman
Options

@CarlH Ok, that's a step by step process for this model if I well understand. :smiling-face:

Already happy that AppleTV is working

I will stay tuned for a further firmware update that will unable AirPlay 2.

Thanks to you and @AntS for the support

ladders
First Poster
Options

On a side note. Has anyone tested the Apple TV app? I have with a movie that’s says it’s 4k but get better quality watching the same movie on the Netflix app in HD. Is there a way to see what the quality is your streaming?

0 Likes
Beppedp
First Poster
Options

Same problem here!

tv upgraded to firmware 1260, Apple TV correctly downloaded but no trace of AirPlay in the settings menu.

model: UE55NU7091

New tv, bought in Dicember 2018 😞

Can you help me?

Thanks!

0 Likes
DjKelv1
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a 43” NU7020 and updated the firmware to 1260, which made the Apple TV app available but no sign of Airplay functionality or its settings.

I tried Smarthub reset to no avail also.

However, last night I turned it off at the wall and left it for a minute. When I powered it back up it immediately showed up as an AirPlay 2 device.

its working great now.

I hope this helps some of you!

0 Likes
DjKelv1
Apprentice
Options

Try powering off at wall.

0 Likes
StripeyDonkey
Apprentice
Options

Ah yes. It’s showing now. Most odd. 👍🏻👍🏻