Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 04:24 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
John-Lockwood
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone.

We have just bought a brand new Samsung 55" 4K TV model number UE55RU7100K. Out of the box it already had the Apple TV+ app and also already had Airplay enabled.

Unfortunately Airplay is not working. Both an iPhone running iOS 13.2 and a Mac running Mojave 10.14.6 fail to see the Samsung TV but can see a genuine Apple TV box which is plugged in to a different TV.

An Android phone can use Mira to share its screen to this TV.

According to this Samsung TV there are no software updates available for it. Internet works for the TV and Mac and iPhone and all are on the same WiFi.

Any ideas?

(Judging by the number of posts in this thread Airplay seems to be a massive problem with Samsung TVs 😞 )

0 Likes
DavideM85
First Poster
Options

Salve esiste un aggiornamento per 

ue37d5500rpxzt?

0 Likes
RSebire
Pioneer
Options

Samsung UK TV model UE55KS7000U
firmware updated this week to 1241

anybody know if this model tv will be supported at a later date?

Kind regards

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We're afraid the answer to this is no, @RSebire. Only select models of 2018 TV's (N series) and all of 2019 TV's (R series), will be able to support these Apple products.

blanco21
Apprentice
Options

UE65LS003?

0 Likes
jk5598224
First Poster
Options

Does anybody know a solution. I upgraded from High Sierra to  Catalina as Mohave is required.  I connected my Mac ONCE and and used Airplay ONCE with the Mac. Works fine with iPad/iPhone.

It keeps saying unable to connect after first pariing.

0 Likes
sunargon
First Poster
Options

recently i purchased a 2019 model smart TV (model UA557470). this one didn't have a built-in Apple TV app as it should have been. even after upgrading firmware to the latest version (v1335), that app didn't appear. how can i get this app?

Airplay 2 works fine though, from the beginning.

0 Likes
Aly4
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the same issue with my flagship tv. I have the latest update 1280 and it appears this model is not supported for Apple TV or airplay which in my mind out of order from Samsung this is a flagship tv and Samsung won't allow users with older tv to benefit from this feature as they want the end users to but or replace a perfectly working tv. This is what I did as a work around use a fire tv 4K stick and this will allow you to use the Apple TV app it's a shame as I now have a 12 month Apple TV subscriptions with my new I phone. 

0 Likes
loniboy
First Poster
Options

Helo,

I buy last week QE49Q65RATXXH - 2019 model, software version is latest 1335.0.  Tv does not have Apple Tv app in Smart Hub,  , also app is not listed in Samsung store. I try to reset Smart hub,  nothing changes. 
It would be nice to someone from Samsung explain why?

I wrote email to local Samsung support, and so far nothing from them.
It's a disappintment ....

0 Likes
FLASunDevil
First Poster
Options

I have a 2018 UN70KU630D and cant get airplay or apple play to work, it works on our other samsung fine. Please advise

software version:T-JZL6AKUC-1241.5, BT-S

UPDATED SOPFTWARE TONIGHT

0 Likes