Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 09:02 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
JPhi
Journeyman
Options

@DjKelv1 It works ! Many thanks for the trick !

Grantrburton
Apprentice
Options

@DjKelv1 wrote:

Try powering off at wall.

Thanks for the simple tip. This also worked for my nu7120.

0 Likes
FilipposG
Student
Options
My new 55" NU7023 with 1260.8 firmware works fine with this trick. Just put off the power plug. put in again and now my ios devices can see my Samsung Tv 🤘🤘🤘🤘
0 Likes
happydant
First Poster
Options

Hi, Danny 

the model UE32M5520 will be elegible for the AirPlay update?

Regards,

d

Mad5
Student
Options
Wows that
0 Likes
Mad5
Student
Options

@Saracen wrote:

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

@Saracen wrote:

0 Likes
StripeyDonkey
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried downloading and updating via USB instead? Search for your model in the support pages and find Downloads

0 Likes
ImaginaryHead
First Poster
Options
Samsung 65" Class (64.5" Diag.) 4K UHD LED LCD TV, Model  UN65NU6950FXZA

Hi there,

I ve above model from Costco, its 2018 and looks compatable with AirPlay.

it had old  firmware, after update to v1260 Apple TV app and AirPlay setting appeared. Apple TV works fine.

But I couldnt run AirPlay.

I cant go in AirPlay Settings , it freezes the setting panel.

I tried  plug-off from wall. tried turn-off IPv6. 

anyhow, I can see the Tv name under AirPlay on iphone,Mac.

when try to share it asks AirPlay Code but unfortunattelly no Code on TV's screen.

Any recommendations?

Most Appreciated,

0 Likes
ImaginaryHead
First Poster
Options

I fixed it myself!

Tv was showing v1260 as the latest firmware.

I ve found v1271 AUG 07,2019 on Samsung page.

I dowloaded and installed via usb stick.

Airplay 2 ve started to work

0 Likes
rnglad
First Poster
Options

Excuse me, 

I own one of first Samsung QLED TVs, QE75Q7FAMU. Should I wait for AirPlay 2 support? or is not even in the works for this model? Cause I keep on hoping, maybe I souldn't? 

And I also have 82MU700, will it have AirPlay support? 

0 Likes