Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Apple TV and Airplay firmware update not available?

(Topic created on: 22-05-2019 01:36 PM)
Saracen
Apprentice
Options

The new firmware for the 2018 and 2019 Samsung TVs to support Airplay 2 and the Apple TV app has been announced and plenty of people have posted photos of it working. But my TV can't seem to find an update from its current v. 1251 firmware. And the support pages on the Samsung website don't list a newer firmware. Anyone had success getting this update?

160 REPLIES 160
DannyT
Options
Hmm... You should definitely have the app, @boy1980.

Could you try a Smart Hub Reset for us? To do this go to: Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
NickosD
Journeyman
Options

About the ue43nu7092? I still dont have it

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

Hi @NickosD.

We currently only have info for the UK/Ireland models here. We'd need you to get in touch with our Polish Support Team for more help with this. You can find their contact details here.

(If I had to guess, I would say this is one of the models that should be receiving a firmware update. But I'm unable to confirm this.)

0 Likes
boy1980
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I have done exactly as you said and it found a new update - to 1270. I have installed the update, and re-signed in to all my apps (annoying to have lost all these settings, as well as my custom Frame artwork etc!). And yet still at the end of all this, no Apple TV app showing by default or on the available Apps page. More help please!

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
So, we've just had a further look into this.

Could you double check the model code for us? As it seems only the UE49LS003AUXXU is able to be updated to the software 1270.3. As this is the 2017 model, this won't be able to support the app.

boy1980
Apprentice
Options

Model number is UE43LS003. It is a different model number to what I gave earlier on (my apologies) BUT it is on the list on Samsung's website (assuming that it is a 2018 Frame TV, which I am sure it is). 

0 Likes
Harrisi
First Poster
Options

I updated my Frame through the USB port to 1270.3, I then had issues with NowTV and IPlayer which required a full reset by Samsung support. During that time they pointed out in the BIOS (screen not available to us through the normal menu) that my UE43LS003 was manufactured in 2017 and not compatible. Even although I had read online it should be. I’d be wary updating but it could have been a conincidence that my upgrade broke something. I’m still on 1270.3 I can connect to all apps but no Apple TV. 

0 Likes
Harrisi
First Poster
Options

Also to add to above each time my tv comes out of standby it does not get any internet connection. I have to power cycle the smart hub and everything works which is not ideal when it all worked fine in the previous firmware. I’ll be looking to revert back to 1260 to see if that resolves the issue - another call with Samsung support

0 Likes
RSebire
Pioneer
Options

Samsung UK TV model UE55KS7000U

firmware number 1233

there no update or app in the store for me.

not surprised though, the App Store is awful.

onya got turned off this week by Razer, and it’s App Store was better than Samsung’s by far. Says it all really doesn’t it...

0 Likes
BlackDeek
First Poster
Options

My TV (UN65NU7100) is updated (software version T-KTM2LAKUC-1251.0) and I am able to access the new Apple TV app but I cannot get AirPlay to work. 

My phone (iPhone XS) recognizes the tv as Samsung Series 7 and when I click on that, it is asking for an AirPlay code from the TV but not code pops up on the TV. 

When i check under settings > general > Apple AirPlay Settings is greyed out indicating this function is not available. 

Will that be part of another update or am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes