Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix No Longer Supported on Some older Samsung Tv's

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 05:48 PM)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Word that unfortunately Netflix will not be supported on some older sets   directly with   the  Smart Hub - from 1 December.   This is apparently due to technical limitations, Samsung not the only company affected.   However consumers will still be able to use the likes of connected Media Players, Game Consoles and Set Top Boxes.

At the moment there seems to be little detail on the sets which will be incompatible, an error message will be  displayed when trying to connect but should hopefully be more information beforehand.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/netflix-will-drop-support-for-older-samsung-smart-tvs-beginning-decem... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

3 REPLIES 3
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @JAMES4578

Thanks for that heads up. Just got a bit more info on this, the change will affect C, D range TVs, along with C, and D range BD Player and Home Theatre systems. Basically, it seems to be affecting mainly 2010 and 2011 devices.

Will keep you guys posted if there's an update.

EDIT: This is NOT the case, and this issue is only affecting those models in the USA and Canada. UK and ROI models will not be affected.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thanks @SaudA ,    According to Digital Trends some older Roku Devices affected and they have a list of some of them https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/old-roku-wont-play-netflix/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Honey10
First Poster
Options
Hi. I am currently facing issues from Netflix. So you see, whenever I open Netflix app from Smart Hub, it goes all black with no sound and when I click the 'return' button on remote, it doesn't work so I turn it off. Sometimes, it goes all black then seconds later, it will automatically go back to TV. I already tried almost everything- plug-unplug, holding the power button, resetting, updating, dns and etc. It still doesn't work. Please if you could help me fix..

I have a model UA32F4500 and version 1294. I tried to update it again but it says there's no update for me at the moment so I figured it has the latest mode for my model.

Thank you so much.
0 Likes