Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NU8000 recording to HDD - incredibly slow to display list

(Topic created on: 10-03-2020 09:51 AM)
Zacepi
Explorer
Options

When I first got my NU8000 it was incredibly flaky at recording to HDDs. It generally didn't work, and I went through lots of different HDDs and tips to get it to record. Finally it seems that manually setting channels lets it work, plus a couple of firmware updates.  As such I don't want to break it as at least it's working.

However I now have about 80Gb worth of recordings on a 2Tb disk so less than 5% full. Probably 60 TV programs recorded.

Displaying them is ridiculously slow - it takes almost a minute for the list to display after selecting HDD recordings. 

Even after watching the program and pressing Return, it can take 30 seconds to show the list. It's getting worse with each program I record.

Any tips on how to improve this annoyance?

ta

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Rikus100
Apprentice
Options

Same here with Q90t it's slow when showing recordings

0 Likes
Zacepi
Explorer
Options

No help or solution was ever offered as you can see. No firmware update in ages. I ended up reformatting the drive and losing all my programs. Now I just keep 40Gb or thereabouts as any more and it's too slow. Still misses recordings sometimes and I need to hard boot it. Completely unimpressed with Samsung TV firmware. 

0 Likes
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

If it has "the one box" or whatever is that stupid black brick box called, like one with The Frame 2021, then its USB 2.0, which has max speed of 53 MByte/s in read.

In practice, if its anything like The Frame, it probably reads at a lot slower rate. USB on that thing is so slow its useless for anything, I mean its slow even for picture download from USB. So realistically, I think it runs in 1.x mode, which is 12 MByte/s.

Also what it probably does every time you put it there, it reads all files, all info they contain and possible pre-load most of them, which will get slower every time it does that.

Sincerely doubt its cached somewhere, so its done again and again every time you plug it in. And with more files, it will get slower.

On software side, Samsung TVs are incredly poorly made. I mean, apart some picture quality and some redeeming features, their TVs are close to useless and crippled in every possible way they can be, intentionally or otherwise.

I mean, lets look at 2021 The Frame.

USB 2.0 slots .. in 2021? 2.0 spec was thing of year 2000, thats 21 effin years ago! USB 3.0 is from 2008, thats still 13 years ago. Thats not even outdated, thats ancient.

LAN max speed 100 Mbps? Year 1996 standard? Not able to work in same time as wireless!

Wi-Fi crippled to 300 Mbps?

HDR at best VESA400?

Sound is utter garbage. Optical output is garbage. Only BT seems to do okay with BT enabled speakers.

That TV is insanely outdated when new. A lot of its specs wouldnt be okay even 10 years ago.

Zacepi
Explorer
Options

Sadly you're totally correct. So disappointed that there hasn't been a firmware update to this expensive device. The tizen is awful, slow and buggy. The browser is ancient and clunky. And the slow USB HDD access continues, as well as missing recordings, recording the wrong program, recording 0 bytes files and misnaming recordings. 

The only redeeming feature is the picture quality.

I won't be  buying a Samsung TV again.

0 Likes