Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NU8000 Game Mode Off Intermittent

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 06:41 AM)
mwg91
Apprentice
Options

Good afternoon,

I purchased a UE55NU8000 in november and have had an intermittant issue with my PS4 pro when playing games. Half way through a game randomly (happens on all games) the screen will go black and say Game Mode Off, then a second later Game Mode On and then I can continue playing the game. 

I have changed the HDMI cables, went to the length of purchasing an expensive high quality one which did not help. The settings of the PS4 Pro have been changed in the resolution to each option available, tested and the error will still happen.

Reading various forums I can see this has been an issue on various models and hoped a Samsung update might come and fix this. 

The issue is still on going. Hopefully someone can reach out and assist with this issue. 

22 REPLIES 22
Lieroj90
Student
Options
Nopew it wont 😉
0 Likes
Codymack
First Poster
Options

Anyone had any luck recently with the intermittent shut off and on of game mode  ?

0 Likes
Vengeance72
Pioneer
Options

Interestingly, I have this same issue on my NU7400, but it only ever does it once after a period of time that the TV has just been switched on.

Particularly annoying when you play first person shooters and the TV decides it just want to reset the game mode.

I'm beginning to think that the 2018 models are fundamentally flawed, especially given the other issue in regard to available storage.

0 Likes
Codymack
First Poster
Options

I also play online first person shooters and their is absolutely nothing more annoying then the Tv switching modes mid-fight. I agree with you 100% that they are fundamentally flawed altogether. 

0 Likes
Rockinfigs
First Poster
Options

It's not happening just on this model.. I purchased a Q60r few days ago from costco.. the same thing happens playing my nintendo switch.. I tried diff cables n ports n settings...but one thing fixed it.... I returned this piece of junk back to Costco n got a Sony... No issues now

0 Likes
jalmeidam
Student
Options
I have the same problem, but I could solve it by configuring this:
TV:
-Disabling the Game Mode
-Option: Color Space -> Native

PS4 Slim:
- Disabling DHCP
- Set Resolution to Max 1080p
- Disabling HDR

And that stop the black screens, but losing a lot of things that improved the gameplay
0 Likes
Vengeance72
Pioneer
Options

@jalmeidam wrote:
I have the same problem, but I could solve it by configuring this:
TV:
-Disabling the Game Mode
-Option: Color Space -> Native

PS4 Slim:
- Disabling DHCP
- Set Resolution to Max 1080p
- Disabling HDR

And that stop the black screens, but losing a lot of things that improved the gameplay

So your fix was to disable the very mode that people want to use?

DHCP is network related so would have no impact to video. Did you mean HDCP (The security protocol?)

Switching HDR off kind of defeats the purpose of having a HDR TV or a PS4 with HDR support.

0 Likes
jalmeidam
Student
Options
in some forums it was mentioned that removing DHCP helped

And I agree with you that it is not the best solution, but the intermittent black screens stopped

It is not the definitive solution, but I could not find a better solution
0 Likes
Vikycz
First Poster
Options

The problem is not the TV or HDMI cable. It has something to do with console settings. Had the same issue with q60 series for both PS4 and Switch. On PS4 I had to change the rgb range to YUV420 and for Switch RGB settings from automatic to limited. That solved the issue for me. I' not an expert but if you google the settings I mentioned you will find the steps you need to do.

AdnanUK
First Poster
Options

Thank you Vikycz. 

Just set up my new 65'' Samsung Q70 recently, played for hours on the ps4 with no issues at all. Set the switch up just today for the kids and I encounter this game mode issue. First thing I did was change hdmi cables, twice, didn't fix it. Next step is obviously straight to the Internet! I tried your solution and they are almost an hour in and it's not happened once yet!! It was happening every minute previously so it looks to be sorted. Anyone with a Nintendo Switch having this issue, follow his advice! 👍

0 Likes