Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NU8000 Game Mode Off Intermittent

(Topic created on: 25-05-2019 02:37 PM)
mwg91
Apprentice
Options

Good afternoon,

I purchased a UE55NU8000 in november and have had an intermittant issue with my PS4 pro when playing games. Half way through a game randomly (happens on all games) the screen will go black and say Game Mode Off, then a second later Game Mode On and then I can continue playing the game. 

I have changed the HDMI cables, went to the length of purchasing an expensive high quality one which did not help. The settings of the PS4 Pro have been changed in the resolution to each option available, tested and the error will still happen.

Reading various forums I can see this has been an issue on various models and hoped a Samsung update might come and fix this. 

The issue is still on going. Hopefully someone can reach out and assist with this issue. 

22 REPLIES 22
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@mwg91 wrote:

Good afternoon,

I purchased a UE55NU8000 in november and have had an intermittant issue with my PS4 pro when playing games. Half way through a game randomly (happens on all games) the screen will go black and say Game Mode Off, then a second later Game Mode On and then I can continue playing the game. 

I have changed the HDMI cables, went to the length of purchasing an expensive high quality one which did not help. The settings of the PS4 Pro have been changed in the resolution to each option available, tested and the error will still happen.

Reading various forums I can see this has been an issue on various models and hoped a Samsung update might come and fix this. 

The issue is still on going. Hopefully someone can reach out and assist with this issue. 

Hi @mwg91 , obviously cables not the  issue.    Actually  new firmware 1251 has just become available today  for USB download    https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55NU8000TXXU/

So you should check and see if this resolves the issue but will not be guaranteed,  have not seen feedback  from the update on this issue thus far.

I take it you have UHD colour mode enabled,if still problems could try different port  and reset TV-may need to reach out to support though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Naxxor
Explorer
Options

I havve the same problem with same model but I believe that this happens at all 2018 tvs even Qled.... In my previous KU6000 never had that issue using exact same cable provided with my ps4 pro original of the brand. So many issues with 2018 models but the worst is affecting local dimming and brightness issues and this. I hope at least with the 1251 firmware its fixed but for some like me we are going to wait for it to arrive on south america.

cmshn
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Turn Game Mode, Auto to On, it will be fixed.

0 Likes
mwg91
Apprentice
Options

Hi James,

Thanks for coming back to me. So I carried out the update and tested along with setting Game mode to ON rather than Auto as suggested by another member. Instead of getting the Game Mode Off / Game Mode On (black screen during this) I get a black screen with a spinning circle for a few seconds. 

I guess the next thing to try is resetting the TV.

I tried to reach out to customer support before I made my original post and the guy tried to talk me through factory resetting the PS4 Pro which I just didn't want to do. From the amount of similar posts I've read it seems to be a fault with the TV from my point of view.  Maybe I'll just have to go through with Samsung support and carry out what they say just to get some progression.

0 Likes
Wofflo
First Poster
Options

Just spoke to them on chat and it seems that they are working on a fix for the issue. No timescale though. The same issue of game mode going off and on.

Capture.PNG

mwg91
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody made any progress on this issue? There has been a few firmware updates since my first post but I still get the issue intermittantly. 

0 Likes
Skandufl
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Its gotten so BAD it's impossible to play. Its intermittent and I leave the game tinsee if it stops and play on my cellphone. After an hour still turns on and off Continuously like every freaking 30 seconds. I cant PLAY OR DO ANYTHING on my PS4 PRO.

Solve this Samsung. It's not the PS4 and neither the freaking HDMI cables.

mwg91
Apprentice
Options

Hello hopefully I might be able to help you as I've made some progress to reduce the amount of times I get the issue.

1. Make sure the TV is up to date with latest firmware

2. Turn off ANYNET

3. Change Game Mode from auto to ON

4. Turn freesync OFF within game mode settings

5. Make sure your ps4 pro display settings are default and not been changed about during any previous troubleshooting attempts

5. Replace the HDMI cable

6. If none of the above help and its constant maybe you'll have to call Samsung support if you still have warranty and ensure the pain of trying to get a replacement or something

Let me know how you get on :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Lieroj90
Student
Options

This problem STILL exists. Samsung you dissapoint me! Absolutely unacceptable. If there is no fix I will send this 3.5K television back after only having it for 2 days. No money for a broken product. Fix your ***** Samsung!