Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

NU7100 firmware 1202.3 update has caused power-on/blank screen issue

(Topic created on: 26-02-2019 02:10 AM)
sinners007
Journeyman
Options

Since the latest firmware (1202.3) my 55NU7100 has developed an issue. Basically, if using HDMI 1-2-3, when I power on the TV, I get a black screen (no smart hub/no picture). The TV is on, I can hear sounds when I press remote buttons, but the screen is not showing a picture.

The solution to temporarily fix this issue is to turn the TV back off & on OR to power on the TV by pressing a channel button (instead of power button) which launches into the DTV, that doesn’t exhibit the blank screen issue (experienced when using HDMI 1-2-3). It seems the latest firmware brought with it a HDMI handshake fail problem.

I thought I’d check to see if anyone else here is having this problem &/or has found a solution. A few people on avsforums/rtings.com have indicated they have the same issue since firmware 1202.3, on both the NU7100 & NU8000. I've contacted Samsung but they won’t allow me to rollback the firmware and won’t confirm if/when a new firmware will come and if it does, whether it will address this problem.

Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
Daxing
Journeyman
Options
Works for me 👍👍
0 Likes
pvcordeiro
Student
Options

I got a motherboard replacement and the new one came with version 1152 where the problem doesn't happen, but there's an annoying bug where game mode doesn't automatically disable after I switch from hdmi to streaming apps. I would like to update to 1251 and was just waiting for your feedback. Thank you

0 Likes