Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 01:25 PM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @nbar.

Did you manage to sort this issue out or are you still having the same problem?

0 Likes
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Still disconnects once or twice a week. I have replaced batteries and also checked to see if there were any updates. sometimes I can power off the tv and it will work when powered on. sometimes I have to unplug the tv and plug it back in. It will always power on and on but gets seaching for device when I volume up or down.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

What's the model code and software version of your TV, @nbar?

0 Likes
nbar
Journeyman
Options

UN65NU800D

T-KM2AKUC-1153.1, BT-S

0 Likes
BillH523
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same problem, with the same TV model and software version.  The remote has a small red LED that is blinking when I attempt to use buttons, but only the remote's power button works.  All other buttons are ignored.  I'm hoping for a software fix...

Jukka
First Poster
Options

I can report the same problem. I can turn the tv on with the remote, and change the volume(?) but every other function is unavailable.

Sometimes turning the tv on and off few times fixes it, but today I had to pair the remote again until it started to work.  I’m hoping it’s a software issue and gets fixed soon, I only got it a week ago and Tv of this price should have a remote that always works, and not just sometimes when it feels like it. 

AndrewTon
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue.  Has there been a resolution yet?

BillH523
Student
Options

Samsung sent me a new remote, which did exactly the same thing. I prefer a Logitech universal remote, so I forgot about it. There was new tv firmware release a month or two ago, and I checked the Samsung remotes and they worked correctly again. So try updating firmware

0 Likes
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Tried to update and my set is up to date. so doesn't fix the problem still disconnects for no reason. The only way I have been able to work around it is turn off TV, pull battery out count to 10 put battery back in, turn on TV remote normallly works for a while. Samsung needs to fix this problem.