Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung series 8 65 keeps disconnecting remote

(Topic created on: 13-06-2019 10:11 AM)
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Every day or two my remote disconnects from my TV. Even pressing the return and forward keys it doesn't connect. I have to turn TV off unplug it, plug it in turn it on then it reconnects to the remote. I expected better on a high end TV.

97 REPLIES 97
jibbolo
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Q6F. Only turning the tv off solves the issue.

Vlad81
Student
Options

I have the same issue with my Q7FN  model. Every 5 days approx the smart remote loses connection so I have to reset TV to its original settings as nothing else works and only then remote reconnects back again. Samsung that’s ridiculous... sort it ASAP it’s 2019 outside and your remotes are not working on your high end TVs 

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Hi, I have just bought a UE55NU7470 and have the same problem.  The'One Remote' disconnects on a regular basis.  Tried new batteries but this made no difference.  Oddly, it will sometimes reconnect by itself whilst I have resorted to the standard remote.

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Well, Samsung support had me jump through various hoops before deciding that a new remote might help! Lets see!!

0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

New remote arrived and it makes no difference.  Still the same problem!

Stewartw
Explorer
Options

My Samsung series 8 79inch loses connection with the remote while it's off so buttons on the remote don't work when I try to turn it on but removing the batteries for a second fixes it and it turns on, Samsung sent new remote which made no difference, I gave up in the end as they say reset this set that over and over and none of it helps it's clearly a TV issue whether firmware or hardware!

SirS
Student
Options

My Series 8 55 does the same thing as well.  Very frustrating. 

DerbyLad
Explorer
Options

Samsung have thrown the towel in with me! Told me to get the TV replaced by Currys.....guess what!? Currys have told me my TV is out of stock and will be intouch!!!

0 Likes
DerbyLad
Explorer
Options
I think I might have solved it.

The remote uses infra red to turn the tv on and off it then uses bluetooth to control the other functions.
My understanding is that bluetooth uses a 2.4ghz frequency.  If this is correct then it could be in conflict with my wifi which also uses 2.4ghz frequency.  
I have disabled wifi on the tv and now connect via a cat5 cable to my router.
Since doing this my remote has worked fine, no issues.

Fingers crossed!
nbar
Journeyman
Options

Then my question is without WIFI on the TV how will my phone etc. connect to the TV.