Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor for 4K video and picture editing - Samsung please make it

(Topic created on: 05-09-2018 11:24 AM)
irkfine
Student
Options

4K video is now common in cameras and surely it will be typical format in the near future. Still pictures have even higher resolution than 4K but 4K is already quite good for dealing with them, much better than full HD. There is however a problem with editing 4K video and pictures since highest resolution displays are just 4K or slightly above it and thus one can see only a single video or picture at full resolution and only in full screen mode .

What is thus needed is a monitor in which more 4K videos and pictures could be seen in windows on screen. Ideally such a monitor would be similar to the Samsung 32:9 49" ultra widescreen which has resolution 3840x1080. This monitor format is obtained by stacking two 27" inch HD monitors side-by-side. For dealing with 4K the 32:9 monitor resolution would have to be increased twice to 7680x2160 by stacking two 32" 4K monitors side-by-side.

However, even this size would not be optimal for editing since 4K would occupy full vertical resolution and two of them would fit side-by-side leaving no space for windows. Thus a  monitor with slightly higher resolution of e.g. 8192x2304 at 32:9 would be optimal, allowing to display two full 4K frames in windows  or see a 4K frame in a window with other items on the screen.

Hopefully Samsung can produce such monitor for the market as there is now a clear need for it among professionals and advanced consumer users.

4 REPLIES 4
bitolpav45
First Poster
Options

I use a Samsung C27FG70. It is only a 1080P (starts bothering me when I get closer than about two feet from the monitor), but it has much better native contrast than most monitors and I like the color from quantum dots. It is curved, but you get used to that in about a week and it does seem to help a bit with immersiveness.  Super fast refresh rates, response times, and input lag too.

If you want higher resolution and a flat monitor, the Samsung U28H750 looks interesting.  It has 10 bit color and fast response times, but I have no idea what the max refresh rate or input lag are and it's not available yet.

I do think VA panels with quantum dots are the future (unless they can make OLED a good alternative).  It just seems to have the best balance of trade offs for LCD monitors (they don't need that dynamic contrast marketing scam).

0 Likes
teatvred
First Poster
Options

Samsung U28H750 looks interesting  yes it is true and its colour contrast is also very good i am using more than 1 year so i want to say thanku samsung 

name is enough for samsung to sell product and quality is always utmost level 

samsung

0 Likes
irkfine
Student
Options

You would like to notice that I was not talking about standard 4K monitor. In fact I have such monitor on my desk and it is 32". What I had in mind is  monitor in the 32:9 format, it would be like two 32" monitors side by side. There are 32:9 monitors available but 1080p and 1440p, what is needed is 2160p.

0 Likes
Leonflix
First Poster
Options

I use a samsung c27fg70 and it only a 1080 p ,but it has much better native contrast ghan most monitor

I love samsung 

0 Likes