Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing HDR feature

(Topic created on: 14-01-2020 07:46 PM)
fixmytv
Apprentice
Options

Just bought my second 4k hdr tv from samsung. Or so i thought. Both are 7000 series. this one being newer 2019 model UE43RU7020. It is a low end model granted. But it had HDR and 4k which i wanted. 

No where can i find a HDR setting on this TV, its written on the box, just not on the software it seems. I can find it easily on my 2018 model, HDR works fine on that tv. This one just goes black screen or to source selection screen if i try to enable a hdr signal.

So im using the wrong type of hdmi cable i hear? that wouldnt remove any trace of a HDR setting on the #TV's software..... i have a feeeling the hdr option is missin which is naughty as this tv clearly staes hdr on the box and on the webpage i bought it from.

is there anyone else who has experienced this? can it be sorted remotely or is it a rplacement tv?

Many thanks guys

J

10 REPLIES 10
MPJ81
Navigator
Options
My Q85R automatically detects HDR content and changes the settings accordingly. Your TV might do the same.
0 Likes
fixmytv
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying

So you dont have any settings on your TV about HDR? i understand it could be automatic but if you also had some settings for it then it might mean mine is missing something. Also when i tried to turn on hdr in a game it just goes black or on to the source input screen. It didnt do that on my other 7 series tv.

Thanks
J

0 Likes
MPJ81
Navigator
Options
No settings. The general picture settings have an option to apply them to the current source or all sources. Nothing else.

If you go to quick settings, the picture mode will refer to HDR if you are currently watching HDR content.
0 Likes
fixmytv
Apprentice
Options
Ok thanks for your advice but this doesn't seem to be the same in my case.

switching to a hdr signal just makes my tv behave weirdly. until the hdr signal has stopped.
0 Likes
Luca_A1195
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have exctly the same problem. Just bought my samsung UE55RU7172. No hdr settings in any menu. Hdr icon on specifics of the productor site and on the package. Not clear if it is an intended idea of Samsung or just something wrong. Very bad in both cases. 

0 Likes
Mmed
First Poster
Options

Same, inhave a 55” q60t. No options for hdr+ in any settings. Some motion scenes are very choppy. What gives?

0 Likes
MPJ81
Navigator
Options
HDR10+ is activated automatically when the source content supports it. You can't watch everything in HDR10+
0 Likes
CULIC
Explorer
Options

Same problem here with my 65" qled bought yesterday. 

No hdr+ option in picture settings expert menu to switch it of as it sometimes makes picture look strange, specially on Netflix app which is integrated app so no option to even turn hdr off somehow in external devices input +. 

Picture is choppy sometimes too.

0 Likes
robstars89
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung nu50tu8200 Crystal UHD 4K display TV that is a 2020 or 2021 model that is brand new just bought in February of this year and it also does not have a setting for HDR + to be adjusted. I bought 4K cable that runs from Xbox 1 to the TV. I've tried HDMI ARC I've tried just about everything. I've even used a Opti Link cable and yet to have found to be able to use any type of HDR UHD settings that I can see but are greyed out. I now have Xbox are 4K cable running to the TV then from the TV I have HDMI ARC out to Klipsch Cinema 400 sound bar and also experiencing other issues sound wise with options in settings being greyed out and unaccessible.

0 Likes