Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU6470 black shadows at the bottom of the screen

(Topic created on: 03-02-2019 11:37 AM)
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I'm wondering whether somebody else had a similar problem with theit TV. My MU6470 (UK model) has recently developed two black shadows at the bottom of the screen (please see attached photos with the black arrows indicting the area of the problem).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Vangelis

IMG_8861.jpgIMG_9578.jpg

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Punkdude1981
Explorer
Options

me ive had same problem i got the screen replaced and again same problem starting to occur. Looks like i will be back intouch with samsung. They will ask you to do screen test and send them the pictures of your screen showing the fault and if its in warranty they should send a engineer out to replace screen.

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

thanks @Punkdude1981

my tv is only 10 months old, spend all morning looking for my reciept from curry's. I'll contact Samsung first thing tomorrow morning.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Even more good news from Samsung!

Just got a phonecall and they are sending an engineer out to repair my TV!

However, if they need to replace the LCD panel, they only give 3 months warranty on the new part. Is that enough?

Sould/can I extend my TV's warranty?

0 Likes
Andymb
First Poster
Options

Hi Vangelis

I also have this very same problem, sadly my television is out of warranty so I do not know what the outcome will be. I am disgusted that a piece of technology which is approximately 1 1/2 years old is now pretty much worthless as I am guessing to replace a screen is costly. Anyone else out there have this happen and it's out of warranty?

Thanks

Andy

0 Likes
Tork_Curve
First Poster
Options

Any joy on this? I've got a TV out of warranty which is disaplying similar issues across the bottom of the screen.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @Tork_Curve 

I had my TV's panel exchanged under warranty by http://www.thefxgroup.net (I'm in the U.K.) Their engineer was brilliant. 

0 Likes
Andymb
First Poster
Options

How long is it out of warranty?

If it's just over a year I rang them and kicked up a stink and they finally gave in and replaced the screen free of charge.

Friend of mine had his screen replaced and now the shadows are appearing on the replacement screen...pretty shocking really.

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

My replacement panel has also developed some shadows at the bottom over time but not as bad as the original one. 

Replacement panels come with only 3 months limited warranty. Shocking!!

0 Likes
shkupjani
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am having this shadows on the bottom of the screen more than year ago. I bought the TV on 26.12.2017.

Since I have extended warranty - 5 years, it is time to call the authorized service.

Model: UE49MU6402UXXH

1.jpg

0 Likes