Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MU Series & Flashes When Using External Connected Device (e.g. game console, Nvidia Shield etc.)

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 06:28 PM)
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

For anyone experiencing the green flashes when you're using a connected device on your MU series TV, can you share your:

• Full model number;
  • Full software version (Settings > Support > About This TV);
  • External device that this is happening with (and if you’ve noticed the same with other devices);
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports);
  • Any troubleshooting you've done already.

Feel free to post any videos/pics showing the issue, or any other relevant info too.

Us Mods will do what we can to pass that on for you guys. 👍

27 REPLIES 27
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi guys,

For anyone experiencing the green flashes when you're using a connected device on your MU series TV, can you share your:

• Full model number; UE49MU6470
  • T-KTMDEUC-1280.50, BT-S
  • External device that this is happening with (and if you’ve noticed the same with other devices);
  • XBOX ONE X
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports); Only happens HDMI 1 and I have HDMI 3 using ARC
  • Any troubleshooting you've done already.
  • This is very sporadic now but still happens

Feel free to post any videos/pics showing the issue, or any other relevant info too.

Us Mods will do what we can to pass that on for you guys. 👍

• Full model number; UE49MU6470
  • T-KTMDEUC-1280.50, BT-S
  • XBOX ONE X
  • Connection/port you’re using (and if it happens along other connections/ports); Only happens HDMI 1 and I have HDMI 3 using ARC
  • Any
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

TV Model: UE40MU6470UXXU version 02

Software version: T-KTMDEUC-1280.50, BT-S (the green flashes issue occured even before version 1262.0)

External device: NVidia ShieldTV 2017

Connection/port: ShieldTV (HDMI)-->Onkyo A/V (HDMI)--> TV (HDMI 3, ARC)

Troubleshooting: All software is up-to-date, all cables are high quality high speed HDMI 2 4K. 

Green flashes (and other colours) occur while using PLEX, Prime Video, Netflix apps on Shield TV. 

timstack709
Explorer
Options

I have a 2017 q7f qled USA QN55Q7FAMFXZA and see these different colors of flashes. I'm using 1280.5 but been happening long before this version.  Using 2 HDMI with TiVo Bolt and PS3 for watching Blu ray movies. Please fix.

vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @timstack709 

That's great info, thanks.

Do you get flashes with both devices?

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

Yes had tech out twice said tv is fine because I  couldn't reproduce when he was there. This is needs to be looked at by Samsung. I purchased 2 better HDMI cables thinking it is my fault but is still happening. Done the Factory reset seems like like a millions of times with no help. Oddly haven't see it with Disney plus App. Thank you 

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung are aware of the issue and have tried to solve it with previous firmware updates. For me, it has got better but not completely eliminated. 

On which device are you using Disney+ ?

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

Device is Samsung tv for watching Disney plus.  I've been touch via email with Samsung engineer for like 2 years  and he said they can't reproduce in the Lab 

0 Likes
vangeliis
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @timstack709 

The "green flashes" only occur when the input is from an external device via HDMI. This is well documented.

Maybe a moderator ( @AntS ) can provide more info for you to pass onto the Samsung engineer.

0 Likes
timstack709
Explorer
Options

I have seen White, Green and Red flashes. See it more with dark scenes tv shows like Walking dead. Thought maybe it was just me but glad to know others have seen the flashes. Waiting for a  2020 Sony tv model to become available and will just chark this Samsung tv as a Loss. Not that the tv is unwatchable but when it happens you notice it.

0 Likes