Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loose power cable

(Topic created on: 06-06-2019 01:38 AM)
szocher
Explorer
Options

Just bought tv , plugged power cable into back of tv and it fits so loose you can barley touch it and it will fall out.... it stays in and works fine but bothers me if you even touch chord it will fall out. Tv model is ue55mu9000

11 REPLIES 11
Natolive
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, did you ever figure out how to fix it?

lisadogs
First Poster
Options

Same problem here too since it came out of the box.  Any movement will make it fall out.  It's too loose to support its own weight.   I have it duct taped but that is only slightly helpful.  I would love to know a better fix.  

MaryC1
First Poster
Options

I have a 27" Samsung monitor/TV receiver that I've had since approximately 2009, this wasn't an issue for a long time, but is now a big issue. Bought a new power cord to see if that would fix it, but I think it's the connector portion of the TV. Has anyone gotten a response from Samsung?

bobinwi
First Poster
Options

Did you ever fix the problem?

0 Likes
Antman87
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with a brand new TV and can't find anything else on this. Did you end up fixing the issue?

smp1
Explorer
Options

Push the plug with force.

Hal Gumbert
First Poster
Options

OMG. I've been propping the plug in with a pen tube and recently with a 10" screw driver. Just used force and it clicked into place. I guess the little plastic ring at the end has to get past the reciever. Sometimes it gets hot when propping it in since it's barely making contact. So, push it in harder than you normally would!

shannon1233
First Poster
Options

What plastic ring? There's 2 steel prongs that plug into the back and pushing it hard as I can doesn't help. Falls out on it own, brand new!

0 Likes
Robert1234
First Poster
Options

has anyone gotten a reply on how to keep the cord from falling out?

0 Likes