Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV home shortcut won't stay deleted

(Topic created on: 25-09-2018 11:27 PM)
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

I don't watch live TV and have removed this app from my home screen but every time the TV is taken out of standby the home icon for it is back. Is this happening for every one?

Photo:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpBiC7y7W6PSqcNx7

50 REPLIES 50
Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Tried your procedure "settings > broadcasting > expert settings > manual tuning > analogue channel tuning > new". And this didn't work because my Samsang TV  "QE65Q85...." is so 'smart' :0( that "manual tuning" has been disabled. So can't complete your procedure.

SanderAussie
First Poster
Options

@AndersK thank you man! This worked for me. Not only is the LiveTV app gone, but now when I turn on the TV, it selects the source I last used(for example PS4). It used to always go back to LiveTV. Thanks again! 

0 Likes
takkischitt
Apprentice
Options

@AndersK wrote:

Agreed - not smart

but an antenna is not needed to circumvent this.

simply configure a program manually:

settings > broadcasting > expert settings > manual tuning > analogue channel tuning > new

then specify a programme number and any channel ( without a cable it will be white noise) and save.

you now have a programmed channel with no signal.

and now you can remove "Live TV" from the start menu. And it seems to stay away

Unfortunately, this isn't possible for me. Both my Samsung TVs (QE55Q8DNATXXU & UE55KS7000) have the 'Broadcasting' option in the menu greyed out/not selectable.

aallddaa
Apprentice
Options

Had the same issue with my q85r. I went through the initial setting of the TV once again (can be selected from the above of the live TV icon in smarthub) and this time I checked the I receive OTA TV of that I do not receive the TV signal at all. And this ungreyed the settings mentioned before.

Can0nFan
First Poster
Options

I think i have this resolved at least I do on my my 2019 Samsung Q60 series which was having the same issue

first scroll over to sources and enable Samsung TV Plus and add to home if it hasnt already (on mine it replaced the LiveTV/Cable icon

then i just removed the Samsung TV Plus icon (not delete)

tried a few reboots and off/on's and the icon is gone now

0 Likes
Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

Finally my "Live TV" button is gone. I just pressed the button again and went through the procedure. I could now make my Smart TV clear that I have a satellite receiver. 

It looks like it that my Smart TV also works better together. E.g. I can use my Smart Samsung TV remote to zap. And when I put my Smart Samsung TV in standby  also my satellite receiver goes to standby.

Well well well - long live the Smart Samsung TV. ;0)

0 Likes
captain_caveman2k
First Poster
Options

This has also been frustrating me on my The Frame (2019) TV since I purchased it 10 months ago. If I resume the TV from picture mode the button doesn't return but as soon as I turn it off or reboot, hay presto, it returns 😞

Like many others here I don't watch live TV via a direct connection to the TV - instead I use Plex and a HDHomeRun Quatro.

Today I decided to register on the forums and look for a solution and will now try one of the suggested workarounds :smiling-face:

Edit: I have tried moving the icon to the right as well as adding a manual channel entry and then removing the icon. In summary both worked - If I add the manual/dummy channel and switch the TV off and back on again I see a brief display of white noise. For me, this wasn't quite ideal so I performed an auto tune to remove the dummy channel and get the icon back, then I simply moved it to the right again - hopefully Samsung at some point will fix the software so the icon can be removed without it returning automatically. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

0 Likes
cplusplus
First Poster
Options

"TV plus support" can be disabled from the service menu (but don't fiddle with other settings in there). Once disabled, the "Live TV" button won't come back again when removed from the smart hub. This at least works on my frame 2019.

0 Likes
AndriiQ
First Poster
Options

Thank you! it works

0 Likes
BunyipBlueGum
First Poster
Options

Then why even have the remove option. I use this as a large computer monitor and it's annoying to have ads and this icon on my screen. I also hate that it detects device every time I plug in my HDMI cable. I want to be able to turn of all this stuff and have it stay off. None of this was mentioned before I bought the TV. 

0 Likes