Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live TV home shortcut won't stay deleted

(Topic created on: 10-06-2019 09:26 PM)
KDgamer
Explorer
Options

I don't watch live TV and have removed this app from my home screen but every time the TV is taken out of standby the home icon for it is back. Is this happening for every one?

Photo:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QpBiC7y7W6PSqcNx7

50 REPLIES 50
Tohkoh
Student
Options
You are great.

Samsung are a joke; why on earth should it be this painful?
Tohkoh
Student
Options
Absolutely!
Reinhardt
Student
Options

This seems te be software related, for sure. What I did was not to remove it, but to simply move it to the far right (out of the way). This method seems to work.

Corydmch
Student
Options
Doesn't work it moves itself back to the beginning. It's such an absurd design choice.
Reinhardt
Student
Options

Yes, I also noticed this after a while. This happened when moving the shortcut right to the very end of your app shortcuts. What I tried then (and this has now been working for several months) was to only move it to the end of the apps on the first screen. So, it's still visible on the far right of your apps when launching the home bar, but not fully at the end. Is seems the shortcut wants to be visible at all cost. So not the solution I was hoping for, it's still there, but at least it is out of the way. It hasn't moved back to the the first spot for months.

RockinRog
Explorer
Options
Exactly, you can only place it (not delete) to the furthest slot on the right of the screen. It's liveable at least there...
0 Likes
takkischitt
Apprentice
Options

Having this problem also. Seems to be a bug. Hopefully Samsung will fix it...

LuckFileWalker
First Poster
Options

I managed to fix this issue, after lots of troubleshooting I decided to test a internal antenna just to see if there is any air signal reaching my bedroom, and after unplugging the antenna, i removed the Live TV shortcut, and it worked, after rebooting the TV the shortcut stayed delete. I hope this help you guys.

0 Likes
GYOSHEV
First Poster
Options

Hello :smiling-face:

Can I please ask you where do you get that anthena from (what does it look like?) and how do you plug it into the TV?

Regards,

Dimitar

Pieter53
Journeyman
Options

Could you explain yourselves more concrete? E.g. did you use the ANT IN connector?