Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning on the edges of the screen

(Topic created on: 02-01-2018 09:50 AM)
KarolisL
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

few weeks ago I bought a new UHD TV (model UE49MU6472 ). What's interesting is that whenever there's a black/dark screen I see yellow lights on the edges (as you can see in the photos). Note that when I took the picture with my phone the colors got a bit blury and the size is also larger - in reality the lights are a bit smaller and brighter. It is very bothering when you watch something in a dark room and you see such things. So, my question is is this the way it supposed to be, or is the TV broken? 

20171231_001055.jpg20171231_001149.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
KarolisL
Apprentice
Options
up
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@KarolisL wrote:

Hello,

few weeks ago I bought a new UHD TV (model UE49MU6472 ). What's interesting is that whenever there's a black/dark screen I see yellow lights on the edges (as you can see in the photos). Note that when I took the picture with my phone the colors got a bit blury and the size is also larger - in reality the lights are a bit smaller and brighter. It is very bothering when you watch something in a dark room and you see such things. So, my question is is this the way it supposed to be, or is the TV broken? 

20171231_001055.jpg20171231_001149.jpg

Return for refund, follow instructions posted on KS refund forum. It has a Which refund tool. Try it and it will guide you through the process.

mattsochor
First Poster
Options

Hello, I have the same thing happening on my TV I bought the other day. What should I do about it as I bought it from John Lewis? Thanks IMG_20181213_202614.jpg

0 Likes
KarolisL
Apprentice
Options

Yeah so the story goes like this. I brought the first TV to warranty. They "fixed it". Then returned with the same problem. After going for the second time they decided to replace the TV with a one. Had the same issue just the spot was sligthly different. Then they gave me a third one. SAME ISSUE. Then I gave up and refunded it. Wasted 3 months... Obviously a common issue for this model... The funny thing is that the one in store's exposure was also broken and even in a worse condition. :smiling-face: :smiling-face: :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Adam Robbo
First Poster
Options

20231104_121600.jpg

 I have the exact same issue on my SAMSUNG QE55Q60BAUXXU (purchased in March 2023). Since the first day of using the TV I've had this issue and after 6 months I've had enough of this problem affecting everything I watch. I called Samsung support today and they used a live video tool to take remote pictures of the issue. Apparently the issue is being validated by Samsung now and I am expecting to hear back - hopefully with a resolution.

0 Likes