Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KU6670 corner too hot to touch and shadow on screen

(Topic created on: 22-09-2019 06:15 PM)
NickC77
Apprentice
Options

Whilst watching our TV for about an hour we noticed a dark vertical shadow on the screen, when I went to investigate I noticed athe bottom right corner had developed a white spot. When I touched the corner it was unbeleivably hot and I am concerned it may melt the frame or worse burn one of my children. Has anyone else suffered this problem? The tv is about 4 years old.ml8+xsXOQWihY59BKRPjOg.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@NickC77: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TV. Do you have any external devices connected to the TV such as a cable/satellite box or console? If so please unplug the devices to see if the issue persists. Furthermore please go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test to see if the shadowing or white spot is present in the test. If it is, I recommend reaching out to the Samsung AV Team on 0330 726 7864, or contacting a Support Centre to arrange an inspection. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'TV & AV > Television' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
NickC77
Apprentice
Options
Thanks AndrewL. I have spoken to support and have been directed to my nearest service centre for inspection
0 Likes
TomF
Options
Thanks for the update! I'm positive the engineers at your nearest Support Centre will get this sorted for you.
0 Likes
FenKev
Apprentice
Options
What was the out come? I have exactly the same issue, did they fix or was it a right off. Mine is 3 years old
0 Likes
NickC77
Apprentice
Options

It was going to cost just to get it looked at and it was more than likely need a new screen which would cost a fortune so i used this as an excuse for a new TV.

0 Likes