Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS9500 UK Firmware update gone wrong.

(Topic created on: 30-11-2017 01:01 PM)
Tezz
Voyager
Options

Just had a firmware update  1203.3 and now my Samsung smartthings hub won't work with the TV.

I've got in touch with smartthings and they say it's a firmware problem.

I have contacted  samsung off shore and they haven't got a clue!

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42
Tezz
Voyager
Options

That' the number we get after we send a email to them.

In the UK we can't call or web chat.

Thanks for looking in.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@Tezz wrote:

@AntS wrote:

I didn't get a case number from them, I'm afraid. :robotsad:

@AntS

My case number is #******. ould you ask smarthings to get back to me with a answer please?

Sorry about this but smartthings support is very slow here in the UK  😞

Hi I know how slow they are, now waiting for a call back after I posted a message on their facebook page. Are you sure about your ref number as mine is a 10 digit number?

They auto sent me a email with a number. That's what I got.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Tezz: They'll back to you as soon as they're able. (They've just expanded their team, so hopefully that won't be too long.)

And just to clear up any confusion about reference numbers, the SmartThings peeps use their own ticketing/case system (as well as our standard one, if needed). 

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Tezz: They'll back to you as soon as they're able. (They've just expanded their team, so hopefully that won't be too long.)

And just to clear up any confusion about reference numbers, the SmartThings peeps use their own ticketing/case system (as well as our standard one, if needed). 

@AntS

Thank you.

Yes they got back to me and I tried everything they asked me to try.

But smartthings can't see my TV. I did say every samsung device I have is under the same email.

But smartthings UK support they can't fix this!  wtf am I going to do now?

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I was promised a call back from Samsung on Sunday, then Monday then Tuesday and still waiting. Unacceptable customer service I think. I don't think you can get much worse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS

Hi. I've been working with smartthings and it can't be fixed by them.

I've reset my samsung S8 plus to many times and reset my smartthings hub about 12 times.

Still a no go. They say that looking at my smartthings account after the 19.17 update all was ok.

Problems started when samsung upgraded the firmware.

So my TV needs to be fixed. How do I go about this?

thanks

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Which you would also look into my issue. Promised a call back last Sunday, nothing. Still will not record since August 2017

@AntS wrote:

I'm looking further into this one for you, @Tezz.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

I'm looking further into this one for you, @Tezz.

@Thank you @AntS

Just had another 5 hours with smartthings support and it is the firmware that's causing the problems.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@paul1277: Can you send me a PM with your customer reference number, name, email address, and contact number? I'll be able to check on the latest notes from my colleagues for you.

0 Likes