Support

Open search

KS9500 UK Firmware update gone wrong.

Navigator

@AntS wrote:

Hi @Tezz.

 

Our TV team have reported that firmware 1208.2 should resolve this issue as long as you are logged into the same Samsung Connect account as your Samsung account and SmartThings (i.e. in that setup, the TV will be discoverable, controllable and export the connection into SmartThings). If you haven't already, can you give this a go and let us know how you get on?

 


 

@AntS

I'm using the same email account but differnt passwords On my samdung account and Smartthings account.

It's still not working. Also it's not working for others either on the smartthings forum(USA\UK).

Smartthings doesn't see my TV at all. But Amazon alexa see's it but it can't do anything with the TV.

 

 

Another thing is that the new firmware has taken away the USA smartthings app.  

Well done samsung slow clap..... :(

AntS Moderator
Moderator

:smileysad:

 

Thanks for giving it a go, Tezz. I've reported it back to our TV team, and asked them for some further advice.


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

AntS Moderator
Moderator

My colleague has got back to me @Tezz.

 

The successful steps they followed is to pair the TV with Samsung Connect first, which then exports into SmartThings. They've emphasised that Samsung Connect must use the same Samsung Account as that used for SmartThings.

 

*crosses fingers for you*


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator

My samsung S8 plus is on the same email as my tv...smart things. As said differnt passwords.

 

Samsung connect sees the tv ok. Smarttings doesn't and Alexa see the tv bit can't do a thing with it.

 

I've reset my tv and phone.

@Ants  what could I do.

Navigator

@Ants  

Do they want me to factory reset my ST Hub 2 and clear my lacation in the Hubs settings?

 

I can't think of anything else to do.

AntS Moderator
Moderator

Reckon we're missing something here, @Tezz, so I'm going to speak to the folks in the UK SmartThings team about this one. That way, hopefully, we'll get a more complete picture - especially as they know a bit about your specific setup. I'll get back to you when I've got their take on this.


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator

@AntS  

Thank you very much.

 

All my samsung Phone\TV\Smartthings are all under the same email.

I will reset my Hub 2 if needed.


@AntS wrote:

Reckon we're missing something here, @Tezz, so I'm going to speak to the folks in the UK SmartThings team about this one. That way, hopefully, we'll get a more complete picture - especially as they know a bit about your specific setup. I'll get back to you when I've got their take on this.


 

Highlighted
AntS Moderator
Moderator

I've now found out why it's working for the TV peeps at Head Office but not for you or for some others out there.

 

Newer SmartThings customers/accounts have the option to create a SmartThings account that's fully integrated with their Samsung Account. Older/existing SmartThings ones (like the one you've got, Tezz) didn't - and currently (at least) don't have that ability.

 

I've fed this back to the TV team.


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Navigator

@AntS wrote:

I've now found out why it's working for the TV peeps at Head Office but not for you or for some others out there.

 

Newer SmartThings customers/accounts have the option to create a SmartThings account that's fully integrated with their Samsung Account. Older/existing SmartThings ones (like the one you've got, Tezz) didn't - and currently (at least) don't have that ability.

 

I've fed this back to the TV team.


 

Well that's a big mess.  Can't see them sorting it out soon.

 

But thank you very much

@AntS

 

edit= you will never belive this https://smartthings.centercode.com/key/Gh5Dd3

"Samsung Account Migration Beta"

"This opportunity is not available"

 

what a bloody mess. It's a case of the blind leading the stupid.

AntS Moderator
Moderator

@Tezz wrote:


edit= you will never belive this https://smartthings.centercode.com/key/Gh5Dd3

"Samsung Account Migration Beta"

"This opportunity is not available"


Lol. Well, I did say currently. 

 

I've been advised that's the beta testing of what the SmartThings software folks are currently working on for you peeps with older SmartThings setups.

 

Not advising that you go down this route, but just to give you a more informed picture, there also is the more drastic nuclear option of you getting in touch with the SmartThings team in order to wipe out everything from your existing setup and start again with a new SmartThings account. Given their knowledge of your specific setup and circumstances, my SmartThings colleagues have advised me that this may not be a viable or the best option for you though.


Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

 Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Top Liked Authors