Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

KS7500 keeps asking to check connect one connection when taken out of stand- by.

(Topic created on: 15-12-2016 03:37 PM)
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

afternoon all.

as the subject line states, whenever i take my tv out of standby after it's been shut down overnight it now asks me to check the connect one is connected. needless to say - it is.

The only way i can clear it is to physically disconnect the cable from the tv and reconnect it.

All the channels are back in their places so it isn't losing anything stored.

Confusingly, if i put it in/out of standby after that, it seems to work ok.

many thanks

carl

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

We've looked to our TV Experts for a little extra help with this one. We've sent you a PM with an update, be sure to pick up with us there!

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

apologies for anyone who requested an update from me, i have other things to be getting on with in my life than checking back on a now redundant thread issue.

the issue was resolved by Samsung, they replaced the mother board in my tv.

if you have the same issue, push for the same response i got.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hey Tebbo, can we call you Carl, or do you prefer Tebbo?

Has anything been changed on your TV recently? Which software version is it currently running on? Home > Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

0 Likes
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

Morning EmmaS

please see this thread from last week:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/NEW-FIRMWARE-FOR-UE43KS7500U-IS-CORRUPT/m-p/14115...

since then, i have this connect issue.

regs

0 Likes
JessL
Voyager
Options

As this happened after a Software Update we'd recommend a Reset to refresh your TV's settings.

Go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.

Keep us updated! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

Afternoon JessL.

Resetting the tv system has had no affect on the issue - the problem remains.

i CAN confirm though that the issue will resolve if the connect one cable is disconnected from the tv OR the tv is put through a full power cycle (as opposed to being taken out of stand-by).

regs

tebbo

0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

When you reset your TV, did you do it with the One Connect box connected? 

We'd recommend doing the reset with everything disconnected, then plug it all back in afterwards :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tebbo
Journeyman
Options

EmmaS

resetting the TV whilst the connect one was dis-connected has made no difference at all,  the issue remains.

i am seriously getting fed up with this TV and am on the verge of returning it to the vendor, these are not the sort of issues one would expect of a brand new unit.

regs

0 Likes
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

We've looked to our TV Experts for a little extra help with this one. We've sent you a PM with an update, be sure to pick up with us there!

0 Likes
jules66
Student
Options

I have the UE55KS7500 and I am having the same problem as the other members when i take the TV off standby I get the message check connection.Originally  I could press my sky button and tv and sky box would connect this no longer happens please help

julian

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @jules66.

What's the current software version on your TV? Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

And does switching the Source back and forth make any difference?

0 Likes