Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

I've read that the Q7F isn't quite as good as the KS700 though? Any views or experience on that?

Black Belt 

@mrtickle wrote:

@Jcotts wrote:

I have just had a brief phone call with Amazon customer services and the lady I spoke to said that I could return the tv up to two years using their returns service (they deduct 3.99 or 4.99 for shipping - I could live with that) IF it was faulty. Now I told her that it was because of mis-selling, and she said 'yes but the functionality of the tv that you want to use doesn't work so from that desription it is faulty'

So, I know it's not quite the correct reason and not the path I wanted to go down, but maybe it gives me an option for a full refund, well minus the £5 max shipping

The only danger of that is that they could turn around and say that they'll "repair" it by giving you a shiny Smart Things Hub for free, and no refund.

I would still include a covering letter stating very clearly that as far as you are concerned, it's mis-selling. You've been told to follow their "faulty returns procedure", and whatever procedure they have is entirely administrative inside their company, but under The Law your reason for return is mis-selling.

Just to clarify I bought from a third party trader but sounds like you bought from Amazon. That does mean Amazon are your retailer and therefore you are protected under the consumer law and section 75. I would also question their collection charge as it is miss selling and should be free.

Paul

Explorer

I’ve spoken to someone else’s now and they have definitely said that it is the trader I need to speak to. If I can’t resolve it with them then amazon will step in to try and resolve it, so a bit of misinformation I was given the first time. 

On the the flip side, the trader has responded to me saying that they will contact Samsung to look into my complaint and will update me with the outcome later. 

I have replied with a more detailed breakdown for them and given them my phone number if they wish to speak to me so I will wait and see what they come back with 

Explorer

FYI:

It appears Samsung just added the Roku Streaming Stick+ to the list of supported devices for the World Cup Streams

Explorer
Ok so it looks like I am screwed.

The trader has come back to me and said that they can’t see where it is advertised in the item description. Sure enough when you click the link for the item order, the description does not mention it. The problem is, it was there when I originally went through with ordering along with the official Samsung blurb at the bottom, but it seems to have all been removed since I looked at it months ago!

They have asked for a link to the description where it advertises the SmartThings feature but I only have the one for the 55” model and I think that is being sold by a different company and not them.

Oh dear
Apprentice

@Jcotts wrote:
Ok so it looks like I am screwed.

The trader has come back to me and said that they can’t see where it is advertised in the item description. Sure enough when you click the link for the item order, the description does not mention it. The problem is, it was there when I originally went through with ordering along with the official Samsung blurb at the bottom, but it seems to have all been removed since I looked at it months ago!

They have asked for a link to the description where it advertises the SmartThings feature but I only have the one for the 55” model and I think that is being sold by a different company and not them.

Oh dear

Got the link to the listing and when you purchase? Could try internet archive.

http://archive.org/web/

Explorer
Thanks, but unfortunately it says it doesn’t have that page archived.

I may have to just try a final message and see if I can appeal to their better nature and see what they can do

Either that of r maybe I can photoshop the SmartThings description from the 55” model onto their item description..... lol!
(No chance!)
Hotshot

@Jcotts wrote:
Thanks, but unfortunately it says it doesn’t have that page archived.

I may have to just try a final message and see if I can appeal to their better nature and see what they can do

Either that of r maybe I can photoshop the SmartThings description from the 55” model onto their item description..... lol!
(No chance!)

You argue that the smart things was for all ks series TVs and use the samsung videos as evidence. 

Explorer

Those who have been successful via richer sounds. How does the process work? Do they collect while they deliver the new tv?

Explorer

I have my exchange arranged for tomorrow, they deliver a brand new 55” LG B7 which supports HLG & DV and take away my 49” KS8000 which doesn’t, all in a single visit scheduled within a 3hr window. I told them I didn’t have the Samsung box and they will bring one with them.

Top Liked Authors