Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

My Samsung tv has been In for repair under Currys warranty last month due to intense backlight bleed under some pixels, but the repair job is terrible literally the back of the tv is popped open on one side.

 

Anyhow stumbled upon this post and realised how I forgot about SmartThings, filed section 75 against my CC (MBNA) & took the tv into store today along with all the marketing material from Currys website which explicitly says USB dongle to be supplied Inc 2016 and advertises the feature, to be told I need to send the manager a email with this and wait. Fat chance of hearing them luckily I financed the tv elsewhere. 

 

Personally with all this, I’m never buying a Samsung tv ever again. 


Remember if you ask for a refund for faulty goods they can allow for usage,  but not for misrepresentation,  and you are entitled to a full refund.  The reason being you have not has the full use from the day you bought it. 

Explorer

Yeah I haven’t bought up the fact the tv was repaired (awfully)  im solely focused on this missing feature now. Thanks for the heads up though! 

Explorer

Currys pulled the Hub move thinking that will give the same functionality, just explained no, it does the complete opposite in terms of functionality.  They apparently spoke to Samsung too! 😂

 

Given them till the close of business Monday then I’m filing court papers. 

 

Why would they offer something completely different if they think they aren’t in the wrong. So glad they did though, makes my case 100 x’s easier. 

 

 

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

Currys pulled the Hub move thinking that will give the same functionality, just explained no, it does the complete opposite in terms of functionality.  They apparently spoke to Samsung too! 😂

 

Given them till the close of business Monday then I’m filing court papers. 

 

Why would they offer something completely different if they think they aren’t in the wrong. So glad they did though, makes my case 100 x’s easier. 

 

 


Hi thanks for that.  Can you explain a bit more,  because it was Samsung that first offered the hub,  and then the retailers started using it. 

Can you inform us where this info came from. 

Thanks

Paul

Explorer

 


@paul1277 wrote:

@R1ckmister wrote:

Currys pulled the Hub move thinking that will give the same functionality, just explained no, it does the complete opposite in terms of functionality.  They apparently spoke to Samsung too! 😂

 

Given them till the close of business Monday then I’m filing court papers. 

 

Why would they offer something completely different if they think they aren’t in the wrong. So glad they did though, makes my case 100 x’s easier. 

 

 


Hi thanks for that.  Can you explain a bit more,  because it was Samsung that first offered the hub,  and then the retailers started using it. 

Can you inform us where this info came from. 

Thanks

Paul


The manager Of Currys emailed me this morning, they specifically offered me the hub via an email not Samsung. 

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

 


@paul1277 wrote:

@R1ckmister wrote:

Currys pulled the Hub move thinking that will give the same functionality, just explained no, it does the complete opposite in terms of functionality.  They apparently spoke to Samsung too! 😂

 

Given them till the close of business Monday then I’m filing court papers. 

 

Why would they offer something completely different if they think they aren’t in the wrong. So glad they did though, makes my case 100 x’s easier. 

 

 


Hi thanks for that.  Can you explain a bit more,  because it was Samsung that first offered the hub,  and then the retailers started using it. 

Can you inform us where this info came from. 

Thanks

Paul


The manager Of Currys emailed me this morning, they specifically offered me the hub via an email not Samsung. 

 

Yep they have been offering everyone the hub as a solution,  but as you know it is not.  

I don't know if you have looked on the condensed owners refund more info thread with a lot of information that may help. 


Explorer
I’ve lost my patience now, I’ve given them the chance to resolve it.

Now I sent off my section 75 to MBNA. Currys will now lose money, custom, a potential purchase seeing my family were also in the market for a tv and a tv too instead of just replacing it and keeping everyone happy.
Explorer

As i presumed Currys won’t budge, and now I mentioned legal proceedings they have shut down communications. 

 

Section 75 route now, will keep this updated with my progress. 

 

If not then small claims court will be filed too. Never shop at Currys! Ever! I hope they do go bust. 

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

As i presumed Currys won’t budge, and now I mentioned legal proceedings they have shut down communications. 

 

Section 75 route now, will keep this updated with my progress. 

 

If not then small claims court will be filed too. Never shop at Currys! Ever! I hope they do go bust. 


Yep that is what Curry's have done with everyone.  They are hoping you go away. Thing with section 75 it is case by case,  where as court sets a president. 

Explorer

Absolute joke, if laws can be flouted by corporations  ... well ... no point getting political haha. 

 

Luckily i I have a friend who works for Currys, if all else fails I’m lucky enough to be told he’ll just sort out a replacement under warranty as I’ve had two repairs on this one aswell.

 

The whole scenario just stinks. To be fair wouldn’t be going through this rigmarole if the tv didn’t fail in the first place, literally every sammy tv I’ve had throughout the years has had poor QA, that’s a different topic again though. 

Top Liked Authors