Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

Basically a fancy way of saying that if it is deemed as misrepresentation, then if they do give you money towards it, then it should be minus the money that you've used it. 

You haven't had full use, you've had partial use. It's called a Smart TV. You've only got the TV function. 

Voyager

@ad1994 wrote:

Basically a fancy way of saying that if it is deemed as misrepresentation, then if they do give you money towards it, then it should be minus the money that you've used it. 

You haven't had full use, you've had partial use. It's called a Smart TV. You've only got the TV function. 

What about this statement?

""The Defendant contends that there was in fact no consideration paid by the Claimant for the dongle which was to have been provide at some point in the future at no cost. Accordingly, the defendant denies that there has been a breach of contract upon which the Claimant can found a claim since a general promise unsupported by consideration is not a binding contract.""

Explorer
Basically saying how you werent bothered about the dongle before now. Explain the timeline of how Samsung put it through beta, then said it was having technical trouble, then in June it was cancelled. Did you go in store and ask? Maybe worth bringing that up if you did...
Explorer
When's your mediation? I'm hanging on to see the outcome for continuing my case
Apprentice

We've got a case open with Currys as well. 

In the end I spend this kind of money buying a product, I expect it to be supported.  I am a realist and realise that some features may not be ready for launch or require further development. 

What I didn't expect is Samsumg basically dropping support for a line of TV's, simply because they can't be bothered to put in the development. 

Explorer

So Curry's have now withdrawn the offer of a partial refund or compensation payment, replacing it with advice to contact Samsung for a SmartThings v2 hub. 

People on the phone are generally helpful, but Curry's as company is terrible. Save yourself the hassle and don't buy from them, RicherSounds is by far a better experience.

Explorer

>>>  We've got a case open with Currys as well. 

In the end I spend this kind of money buying a product, I expect it to be supported.  I am a realist and realise that some features may not be ready for launch or require further development. 

What I didn't expect is Samsumg basically dropping support for a line of TV's, simply because they can't be bothered to put in the development. 

Voyager

@ad1994 wrote:
When's your mediation? I'm hanging on to see the outcome for continuing my case

I have not been given a time or date for mediation yet. I'll update the thread with any new info.

Voyager

What does this mean?

"

1. The Defendant makes no admissions as to the subsequent performance of the TV as alleged or at all."

That is point 4 of the Currys defence.

Voyager

Also what are they getting at here?

The Defendant contends that an additional feature which was to be launched at some point in the future by Samsung would allow consumers to use their TV and control other devices such as their home windows, doors or lighting (referred to below as ‘Smarthings feature’), which would become accessible once consumers plugged a ‘Smarthings dongle’ (referred to below as the ‘dongle’) in to the TV. A live internet connection would be required at the consumer’s premises, in order to use the Smarthings feature together with the purchase of additional equipment.

Top Liked Authors