Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@yannis_i wrote:
That is incredibly useful @tarbat thank you. Another question if I may ask:

In my Letter Before Action, using a template from this forum if I remember correctly, I included supporting documents, where I mentioned the product description and the letter from Samsung CEO office mentioning that the functionality of the Smart Hub is not exactly the same as the Smart USB Extender (posted earlier in this forum too), so as to prove non-equivalence.

Is the claim process itself allowing for more supporting evidence once you start, where you used the list above? Or you used this evidence in the LBA too? Yours seems much more comprehensive and I have a deadlock letter too from John Lewis.

 

I think on the KS the IOT smart hub is built into the TV, but you need the USB dongle to enable it, or to use the hub functions. With the sperate Smart Hub they are offering you can not have the TV as part of or use the TV to control any aspects of you IOT.

Paul


 

Highlighted
Explorer
That's exactly how I debated it in my correspondence @paul1277. And then in my LBA i attached the reply from Samsung where they also state that

"With the above in mind, to conclude I can offer you a Smart Things Hub free of charge. This will provide you with all the Smart Things capabilities originally offered with the Extend, with the exception of powering the television on and off.",

which coming from Samsung lips is proving in my opinion as solidly as possible non-equivalence/subset of functionality.
Highlighted
Black Belt 

@yannis_i wrote:
That's exactly how I debated it in my correspondence @paul1277. And then in my LBA i attached the reply from Samsung where they also state that

"With the above in mind, to conclude I can offer you a Smart Things Hub free of charge. This will provide you with all the Smart Things capabilities originally offered with the Extend, with the exception of powering the television on and off.",

which coming from Samsung lips is proving in my opinion as solidly as possible non-equivalence/subset of functionality.

I think Samsung is being a bit economical with the truth. It may give you the same function, but not by using your TV. They advertised your TV would be the HUB of your IOT. You would be able to control all these devices from the comfort of your TV. If you look at the 2018 Samsung specs, it will tell you what they can do as it has been fixed for them (that is why only the 2018 models are the only option for a replacement, if you want another Samsung).

Paul

Highlighted
Black Belt 

paul1111 Hotshot
‎12-01-2018 07:16 PM

This is from the J Lewis page



Smart Home - SmartThings



Control and automate your smart home from
your TV with Samsung SmartThings



Add your TV to your connected smart home to open up a whole new world of automation. With your existing Samsung SmartThings Hub* you can set your TV to turn on as you enter the room, adjust connected lights and speakers, or control hundreds of other compatible smart devices. Create the perfect entertainment experience by turning your TV into the brain of your smart home with Samsung SmartThings Extend*. Smart home connectivity from the comfort of your sofa.

Smart Home - SmartThings



Proof of miss advertising!
Add tags


Proof of miss advertising!
Highlighted
Voyager

@yannis_i wrote:
That is incredibly useful @tarbat thank you. Another question if I may ask:

In my Letter Before Action, using a template from this forum if I remember correctly, I included supporting documents, where I mentioned the product description and the letter from Samsung CEO office mentioning that the functionality of the Smart Hub is not exactly the same as the Smart USB Extender (posted earlier in this forum too), so as to prove non-equivalence.

Is the claim process itself allowing for more supporting evidence once you start, where you used the list above? Or you used this evidence in the LBA too? Yours seems much more comprehensive and I have a deadlock letter too from John Lewis.

I'm sorry I don't know the details of the LBA process, that's not part of the Scottish system.  In Scotland, as part of the Simple Procedure claim form that you submit to the Sheriffs Court you list any evidence, witnesses, etc. that you will use if/when it comes to court.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@hawks wrote:

@Outcasst

 

JL are due to collect mine on Saturday.  So hopefully I'll hear from them next week.


Just to update on my KS7500.  John Lewis collected on Saturday 11th August and I received a refund to my original payment card for the full value on Thursday 16th. 

 

I'll also post this in the Refund results thread.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@hawks wrote:

@hawks wrote:

@Outcasst

 

JL are due to collect mine on Saturday.  So hopefully I'll hear from them next week.


Just to update on my KS7500.  John Lewis collected on Saturday 11th August and I received a refund to my original payment card for the full value on Thursday 16th. 

 

I'll also post this in the Refund results thread.

 

Great stuff,  and post anywhere else if you can. 

Paul


Highlighted
Black Belt 
For everyone still having issued please try writing so on trusted reviews. The retailers do monitor it, and do reply to people. Its another bit of pressure and again free and easy to do.
Paul
Highlighted
Voyager

After sending an email requesting an update and pointing out that other retailers are refunding I have just received this responce:

 

Thank you for your reply.

 

I am unable to comment on the policies of other retailers and advise that, at this time, we are not in a position to offer a full refund.

 

As detailed in my previous correspondence, in view of the matter we would offer a depreciated credit amount of £1,374.23, which could be used towards a replacement. We are still awaiting a response from our Head Office in relation to your legal query, but I am afraid we have no indication of when this may be. As soon as we receive a response from them, I shall inform you of the outcome accordingly.

 

In the meantime, if you did wish to accept the depreciated credit amount, I am able to have this raised immediately.

 

 

Shall I respond? 

 

Highlighted
Explorer
Having looked over some of the previous comments am I correct in thinking I need to send Currys a letter of intent after reaching deadlock before I can start the small claims process. If so do we a letter of intent posted on the forum for reference or a template I could use?
Top Liked Authors