Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:

@Moily wrote:

Correct. Currys aren't going to get away with this.

I've located my receipt so my claim will be going in to them tomorrow.

I also had my receipt but it didn't make any difference as the TV has fulfilled its main purpose. They can't grasp the fact it's misrepresentation and are happy to use any tactics to scare you from taking it to the small claims court.

I'm sorry but have you not followed this thread. It does not matter if it fulfilled it's main purpose.  I have to ask why you should say that as under the regs, misrepresentation makes no mention of main purpose,  but say's any specs advertised,  it must be able to do as such.  There is nothing about main purpose. You sound a bit like Curry's when they said you had primary use.  RUBBISH . It has to be able to do everything as advertised !!! !! This again looks like someone trying to muddy the waters.  Please I ask all to post,  but if you are from the retailers then be honest. But as we have seen they have a problem with that. 

Paul 

Black Belt 

@paul1277 wrote:

@PeteDansk wrote:

@Moily wrote:

I also had my receipt but it didn't make any difference as the TV has fulfilled its main purpose. They can't grasp the fact it's misrepresentation and are happy to use any tactics to scare you from taking it to the small claims court.

I'm sorry but have you not followed this thread. It does not matter if it fulfilled it's main purpose.  I have to ask why you should say that as under the regs, misrepresentation makes no mention of main purpose,  but say's any specs advertised,  it must be able to do as such.  There is nothing about main purpose. You sound a bit like Curry's when they said you had primary use.  RUBBISH . It has to be able to do everything as advertised !!! !! This again looks like someone trying to muddy the waters.  Please I ask all to post,  but if you are from the retailers then be honest. But as we have seen they have a problem with that. 

Paul 

@paul1277 wrote:

@PeteDansk wrote:

@Moily wrote:

Paul 

Sorry miss read your post and do agree with you about Curry's responses. 

Paul

Explorer

Yeah I wasn't sure what path you were going down. I hope to fight this the whole way. What is the process for small claims court I'm in Northern Ireland would it be at my nearest court and myself and Currys need to attend. 

Navigator

@PeteDansk wrote:

Yeah I wasn't sure what path you were going down. I hope to fight this the whole way. What is the process for small claims court I'm in Northern Ireland would it be at my nearest court and myself and Currys need to attend. 

Did you purchase with a credit card or even pay part of it with a credit card. If so section 75 much easier than small claims court.

P. S. I'm in Northern Ireland as well. 

Black Belt 

@Mylo75 wrote:

@PeteDansk wrote:

Did you purchase with a credit card or even pay part of it with a credit card. If so section 75 much easier than small claims court.

P. S. I'm in Northern Ireland as well. 

It can be all done online.  But yes it would be you nearest court. 

Paul 

Explorer

I didn't paid in cash. You live and learn from now on I'll make sure to use credit on bigger purchases. 

Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:

I didn't paid in cash. You live and learn from now on I'll make sure to use credit on bigger purchases. 

?  You did or you did not pay in cash? 

Explorer

Sorry should have said I didn't use credit card. I paid in-store using cash and have receipt and 5 year warranty info. And on another note the TV is developing some bad light bleed from the bottom right. It started maybe a few months ago and seems to be getting worse over time. I can only imagine having to deal with Currys about getting that sorted.

Apprentice

My advice would be not to mention the light bleed as that opens Curry's up to going down the faulty goods route.  I'd stick to misrepresentation only.

Explorer

Yes good advice I wasn't going to bother about it till this misrepresentation issue is settled first. If the misrepresentation issue comes to no avail I'll have to chase the light bleed issue. The tv is covered with 5 year warranty but as I stated before I highly doubt they'd play ball on a panel replacement.

Top Liked Authors