Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 
Been having fun on twitter
@Paullow43614712
Navigator

Just a small update.

John Lewis have been and collected my TV.

Just need to wait for the refund now.

Black Belt 

@CJH26 wrote:

Just a small update.

John Lewis have been and collected my TV.

Just need to wait for the refund now.


That's great.  Any idea what telly you will get now? 

@AntS the catcha is getting worse. 

Navigator

@paul1277 wrote:

 

That's great.  Any idea what telly you will get now? 

@AntSthe catcha is getting worse. 


Not sure yet.

 

I had a tentative look at various models months ago when I started this process (not anticipating the fight I would have) so once the refund comes through I’ll need to head to a store and check them out again along with some reviews!

Explorer

@CJH26 wrote:

Just a small update.

John Lewis have been and collected my TV.

Just need to wait for the refund now.


Great news and good to see JL giving another refund. I don't think us from Currys will be so lucky that they make their own laws.

Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:

@CJH26 wrote:

Just a small update.

John Lewis have been and collected my TV.

Just need to wait for the refund now.


Great news and good to see JL giving another refund. I don't think us from Currys will be so lucky that they make their own laws.


Curry's are not above the law, they are trying to bend it. We now know from the other retailers we are right because they are now giving full refunds. Even t he credit card issues are in our favor . Team knowhow CEO have said they are are looking at their position to this. It's a case of keeping the pressure on,  and using all forms of social media to embarrasse them. Also each time they offer silly resolutions counter why they are wrong. 

What's good about this forum is their lots of people who will try to help. 

Paul

Pathfinder

Correct. Currys aren't going to get away with this.

 

I've located my receipt so my claim will be going in to them tomorrow.

Navigator

@PeteDansk wrote:

@CJH26 wrote:

Just a small update.

John Lewis have been and collected my TV.

Just need to wait for the refund now.


Great news and good to see JL giving another refund. I don't think us from Currys will be so lucky that they make their own laws.


The new talks they were having sounds promising.

 

Remember for the longest time JL were not playing ball either (not saying they 100% are yet as others are still struggling).

 

As Paul said keep the pressure on! The more time they waste the more money they loose on admin etc and the worse they look

Explorer

@Moily wrote:

Correct. Currys aren't going to get away with this.

 

I've located my receipt so my claim will be going in to them tomorrow.


I also had my receipt but it didn't make any difference as the TV has fulfilled its main purpose. They can't grasp the fact it's misrepresentation and are happy to use any tactics to scare you from taking it to the small claims court.

Pathfinder

@PeteDansk wrote:

@Moily wrote:

Correct. Currys aren't going to get away with this.

 

I've located my receipt so my claim will be going in to them tomorrow.


I also had my receipt but it didn't make any difference as the TV has fulfilled its main purpose. They can't grasp the fact it's misrepresentation and are happy to use any tactics to scare you from taking it to the small claims court.


2 things:

 

1) They've already admitted they misrepresented the KS range.

 

2) Of course they'll try to use scare tactics. They're an abhorrent company who treat their customers appallingly. Doesn't mean to say those tactics will work, especially when they have zero leverage behind them.

Top Liked Authors