Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@Domaz1 wrote:

So after some more emails back and forth, Currys have sent me this final email;

“Dear ******

Thank you for your response. 

Your issue has been reviewed in its entirety and offers presented to you that you have advised you are not happy to accept. You have therefore been supplied the relevant dead lock communication to take your complaint further through a either legal representative or an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider 

The decisions have been given have already been explained. We are offering a partial refund on return of the unit or a gesture of goodwill should you wish to keep the unit. I do understand that this is not the resolution that you are seeking, however I do trust that I have clarified the company’s position in this matter. 

Please be aware that further communication will be added to your case however may not be responded to.

Yours sincerely,

CEO Support Team

Team Knowhow™ Customer Contact Centre

Tel: 0344 561 6372

The ombudsman has also gotten back to me since and said they can’t help as Currys don’t subscribe, so that was a waste of time.

Their absolute final position is to either refund me £700 of the £999 I paid, or give me £350 store credit as a gesture to keep the TV.

Only options left going forward are to go to a small claims court, or make a section 75 claim.

Anyone dealing with Currys currently don’t hold your breath and prepare for a Small claims court battle. Currys are an awful, awful company and I honestly don’t think it will be long before we see another major chain disappear from the high street.

Yep looks like they are playing the hard ball.  They have upped the compensation though. As a credit 75 has been partially successful that may be your next step.

It does show how Curry's are behaving compared to the other retailers. I would never ever buy anything from them in the future. 

There is a template a member has put on Dropbox a few page's back with the link. 

Paul

Navigator

Honestly, any retailers that haven't already been helpful, I think it's time to stop letting them waste everyones time, and stop giving them chances.

It's been several months, it's time to just leave them a bad review on TrustPilot, then get your Section 75 or letter before action sorted. Dont give them any more time as they all seem to be just dragging their feet.

If you paid on credit, it's really much easier than you'd think, just dispute the original transaction, then when they send a section 75 claim form, reuse the section 75 supporting details I posted earlier (although obviously making sure you replace the timeline of events with your own timeline). If the credit card companies get enough of these they will then surely claim it back from the retailers.

Black Belt 
@AntS again pressed the wrong button and can take the resolved off. Thanks
Paul
AntS Moderator

No worries. Sorted for you @paul1277

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Apprentice

Sounds like their offers are all over the place as well. They offered my £700 to return the £1299 television or £125 to keep it.

Navigator

Just had a phone call from my credit card provider (MBNA) about my section 75 claim against currys. 

Good news, it seems claims against Currys with MBNA over this issue are common as the person I spoke to had a great knowledge of this issue and this forum.

Basically MBNA told me that over the last few days Currys have now decided to take this seriously (eventually) and that to wait a few weeks to see what Currys come up with. But if I'm not happy with the outcome or Currys continue with their non customer service MBNA will give me a refund.

So hopefully things looking up for us Currys customers.

Black Belt 

@AntS wrote:

No worries. Sorted for you @paul1277

Thanks, what would we do without you! 

Serious note the catcha is a right pain. The one asking for street signs I never have done that one. Do we really need it? Paul 

Black Belt 

@Mylo75 wrote:

Just had a phone call from my credit card provider (MBNA) about my section 75 claim against currys. 

Good news, it seems claims against Currys with MBNA over this issue are common as the person I spoke to had a great knowledge of this issue and this forum.

Basically MBNA told me that over the last few days Currys have now decided to take this seriously (eventually) and that to wait a few weeks to see what Currys come up with. But if I'm not happy with the outcome or Currys continue with their non customer service MBNA will give me a refund.

So hopefully things looking up for us Currys customers.

That's brilliant and another nail in their coffin. Thats why they said yesterday that they were are looking at the issue. That now has sent another president and more evidence that we are right. That's Barclays now MBNA. A bit difficult now for the others to refuse. Also can anyone actually see them turning up at court when the card issues also agrees there has been misrepresentation. 

Could you share there response from MBNA so others can quote it,  and again post in the result's thread. 

Paul

Navigator

Sorry Paul this correspondence was all over the phone. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have got some news via email that I can share. 

Thanks for all your help again 

Explorer

Has anyone got a template for a letter before action? I want to get the small claims court process started. 

Top Liked Authors