Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Highlighted
Explorer

I have showed them the ADR ruling and i asked about that and currys do not participate in any ADR.

Highlighted
Explorer

@paul1277 wrote:

@Tell wrote:

@darrant1234 wrote:

Hi I've already mentioned the ADR case and sent a link to the pdf thats been shared.  I've said the item is not faulty so does not fall within the repair part of the consumer act 2015 so a partial refund doesnt apply.

is the c7v better than the b7v?

When you said in your earlier message you had been offered a £1650 refund was this offer made in writing or a phone conversation?  (If in writing please DO NOT post the letter/email here at this time).

If it was a phone call did you make a contemporaneous note (see my earlier postings) and e-mail it to yourself?

I find that odd advice unless you agree to a non disclosure, which would be unfair to everyone who has helped here. The whole point of these threads is to publish the good and bad replys, which some have been laughable. I can understand that if it was a in legal proceedings but not ordinary correspondence which we all here rely on. It was thanks to a member posting the adr result that gave everyone more hope. So I would be upset if people stopped posting replys and I think the retailers would really like that.

Paul

I wouldn't post written correspondence until I had a completed resolution.

Purely because there's a tendency for other people to comment on it (both positive and negative) and it's possible the other side will read these boards as well and pick up on something to their benefit.

Once you've got something agreed and settled then post away.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@Tell wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Tell wrote:

@darrant1234 wrote:

Hi I've already mentioned the ADR case and sent a link to the pdf thats been shared.  I've said the item is not faulty so does not fall within the repair part of the consumer act 2015 so a partial refund doesnt apply.

is the c7v better than the b7v?

When you said in your earlier message you had been offered a £1650 refund was this offer made in writing or a phone conversation?  (If in writing please DO NOT post the letter/email here at this time).

If it was a phone call did you make a contemporaneous note (see my earlier postings) and e-mail it to yourself?

I find that odd advice unless you agree to a non disclosure, which would be unfair to everyone who has helped here. The whole point of these threads is to publish the good and bad replys, which some have been laughable. I can understand that if it was a in legal proceedings but not ordinary correspondence which we all here rely on. It was thanks to a member posting the adr result that gave everyone more hope. So I would be upset if people stopped posting replys and I think the retailers would really like that.

Paul

I wouldn't post written correspondence until I had a completed resolution.

Purely because there's a tendency for other people to comment on it (both positive and negative) and it's possible the other side will read these boards as well and pick up on something to their benefit.

Once you've got something agreed and settled then post away.

It's not possible, but it is a fact, that retailers read these forums, and to think otherwise is nieve. That though is the strength of everyone helping each other which has resulted in a lot of success for owners. The retailers know the law and as you said some will play the game, and we all have been shutting down their arguments, one by one with the replies we have received, and it has been a joint effort, and has not stopped people getting refunds.  By us all working together we have the help and support of everyone here, and if people stopped then this forum would be no more,  just what the retailers want!  We started this thread last winter with not a lot but upset owners and it has grown and is now known across social media thanks to all who contribute. We want the retailers to read what their competitors are doing, what people are saying and how angry we are, like Richer Sounds who are giving refunds to all owners and John Lewis are to some, even Samsung has given some refunds, me one of them. We know Samsung read this as well because it is run by them.

So please carry on posting info, correspondence, results, advice, to help other owners, and don't forget there is a condensed thread with this info on,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/td-p/579806

and those with success,

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/m-p/591783#M14509

Paul

Highlighted
Explorer

@paul1277 you have done a tremendious amount of work to assist everyone get this far, without your assistance and also a number of other contributors I dont think may people would have even got as far as a refund

Highlighted
Black Belt 
Sent the to Currys know how,

No but I did and started this forum which I am sure you know about https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund/td-p/358805
Paul

Also this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/td-p/579806 … and https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-refund-Results/m-p/591783#M14509 … and richer sounds are paying out to the ks owners, so is J Lewis but not you. You seem to be mixing up the Smart Things USB dongle with the smart platform apps, yet you still offer compensation in the form of a Samsung hub. That will not let you the TV as the hub as you advertised http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/ … and there has been an Alternative dispute resolution against Richer Sounds that says it is clearly the misrepresentation, https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wchOMdwsbyzfMV4dbYBvh0wxDkkn9Z_z … The shame about this is the longer you try to wriggle out of this the more your name as a company is getting so really bad comments which as you probably know are harder to rectify the more you get, because they tend to spread. Every owner on the forum say they would never buy from Currys, because of this and because of incorrect advice, as I got when I bought a Samsung JS from you. You even tried to say that your tech talk site was nothing to do with currys! When it was pointed out that the page ended with http://currys.co.uk you then admitted it was your site. So do the right thing admit Samsung mis lead you because they are responsible for this but under the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs, you as the retailer are responsible.
Highlighted
Explorer

Another success here with JL. Delivering new tv next week and collecting KS at the same time. I ended up getting the new Sony65XF90 and not an OLED for various reasons but mainly my OCD with  screen retention etc!!

Paid another £400 towards new Sony but very happy with end result. Thanks to @billinghamn  for his letter template!!

Highlighted
Explorer

@matlough wrote:

Another success here with JL. Delivering new tv next week and collecting KS at the same time. I ended up getting the new Sony65XF90 and not an OLED for various reasons but mainly my OCD with  screen retention etc!!

Paid another £400 towards new Sony but very happy with end result. Thanks to @billinghamn  for his letter template!!

Well done!

Highlighted
Explorer

BTW This was an original online order (of the KS) back in 2016 so no store involved.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@billinghamn wrote:

@matlough wrote:

Well done!

Great result,  thanks for posting it here and can you post on ks refunds results and everywhere else you can think of. 

Thanks 

Paul

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@matlough wrote:

Can you let me know what you think of the Sony as I was looking at that model.

Thanks

Paul

Top Liked Authors