Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Pathfinder
Good result, and hopefully Currys will be a bit more reasonable with claims now.

Note though, that the County Court does not set legal precedence. By all means you can refer to this hearing when dealing with the retailer or finance companies but any future hearings in court will not use this verdict in determining their verdict.

However one would expect that a similar verdict be given when presented with the same claim & arguments but it is not a foregone conclusion.
Navigator

Great result, congratulations!

Hopefully this opens up the floodgates now and the retailers regret not doing the right thing in the first place

Explorer

I’ve just switched on my ks7000 this evening and all my apps have vanished.. 🤔 any one got any suggestions ? I haven’t even got the App Store to add them back. Just live tv 

Explorer

Hold the power button on the remote for 10-15 seconds to send the tv into a soft reset.

@Hitsta wrote:

I’ve just switched on my ks7000 this evening and all my apps have vanished.. 🤔 any one got any suggestions ? I haven’t even got the App Store to add them back. Just live tv 

Explorer
Tried that. Also turned power off from mains but both did no good. Last try now is to reset the smart hub to see if that does it :(
Voyager

@Hitsta wrote:

Brexit 

Explorer

that’s a good one. Anyway, had to reset the hub and then dload all the apps again. Pretty strange. 

Voyager

@paul1277 wrote:

Hi,  a result of sorts,  but a bit surprised that they did not give full refund.

Not suprising at all really. As i highlighted in previous posts, innocent misrepresentation is likely to result in damages rather than unwinding the contract. I posted this link previously which clearly explains this.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967

The sheriff (or judge) is unlikely to award "unwinding" if both parties can't be put back in the position they were in before they made the contract. In the case of a 2 year old TV, the retailer would be left with a 2 year old TV instead of a new TV.

This is precisely why I accepted an out-of-court settlement with John Lewis just before it went to a court hearing.

@Tyler_Durden did the judge explain how he came to the damages value of £1,199?

Voyager

Not really. No. 

Apprentice
Just to give an update.

Richer Sounds replied to my Email in 2 hours and 16 minutes of sending it. I mailed my Local Branch Direct.
Instantly advised I could have the TV Refunded and returned.

I received another email after stating I could keep the TV and Receive a £700 refund which I ended up taking. I passed the TV on to my family and ended up upgrading to the Q9FN 2018 model.

I can't stress enough how good the service was from Richer Sounds and the ease of which the refund and the whole issue was sorted.
Top Liked Authors