Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 24-12-2017 02:56 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

@ildeduuk wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated

we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

Hi,

I don't know all the consumer rights we have. I'm new with this thing as I have never had any problem. 

What I can see now is the general opinion about Currys is true. Never buy with them again.

yeah thats the stupidity of currys actions, its short term. but thats how business works.

the problem is Im seeing this kind of style far more, its pretty much the default stance with complaints with a lot of companies as they know we arent in the mood for legal entanglement or issues and most will just accept what the business says.

i think at the very least we can tell currys we are looking at our options and by that I mean as a group we are considering working together and that currys really should make sure they are correct as if not, we will keep all our options open once we take advice.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Thanks Paul. I have just contacted CAB, so will see their answer and I will try what you say with Currys again. I will keep you updated

we both got ours from currys, I have emailed with no reply and ill contact the ceo when I can find his exact email.

lets be honest, I dont encoutner too many companies these days who value customer service and its far more common to get a combatative style when making a complaint.

Thats their view on the subject, but its not their view that would finally matter.

I think if they continue down this line that we truly cannot take the words printed on their site, then we should join together and use group clout to make our point.

I would be happy to chip in for some proper consumer advice from a solicitor... and this is an option we can tell currys we will keep open if they continue this line. bypass their resolution service and seek direct advice, as is our right.

I understand your thoughts on the solicitor but CAB have advised we have a case and with Richer Sounds holding their hands up I think strengthens the case. I think if necessary the money would be better spent on starting the county court because I believe they will not want to go their as they have no defence.

Paul

im thinking both! get the advice, try currys again, then proceed on if we wish.

but having solid information from an expert in the field might be enough to persuade currys we are serious, plus the group is more of a concern than us as indivduals.

We could take as much as advice as possible but until court action is threatened then Curry's can continue with the email game. CAB are also the experts in this field and free and the regs are straight forward. Even with CAB saying we are in the right at the moment can not force Curry's to replace or exchange, only court can. Some retailers have held their hands up and done the right thing. The cost of court for upto £1500 is £70 and I think that would be money well spent if need be. There are lot's of solicitors who will give initial consultation by phone free which may be worth looking at.

Paul

Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

I understand your thoughts on the solicitor but CAB have advised we have a case and with Richer Sounds holding their hands up I think strengthens the case. I think if necessary the money would be better spent on starting the county court because I believe they will not want to go their as they have no defence.

Paul

but having solid information from an expert in the field might be enough to persuade currys we are serious, plus the group is more of a concern than us as indivduals.

We could take as much as advice as possible but until court action is threatened then Curry's can continue with the email game. CAB are also the experts in this field and free and the regs are straight forward. Even with CAB saying we are in the right at the moment can not force Curry's to replace or exchange, only court can. Some retailers have held their hands up and done the right thing. The cost of court for upto £1500 is £70 and I think that would be money well spent if need be. There are lot's of solicitors who will give initial consultation by phone free which may be worth looking at.

Paul

oh im far from ruling that out, just going through the steps. Ive no experience of the small claims court, generally only been involved in much larger cases where the first step is to get case specific advice from someone with legal experience in the exact field.

but I suppose as its a consumer matter and not a business matter CAB would be a good next step, im just not sure how specific and exact the advice would be.

whats your current setup? you in contact with currys or others?

i also think that if we have solid information, either going through the arbitration and winning or case spefific advice, it would make it easier to approach outlets who are involved in consumer affaors, money saving expert for example.

I think one of our biggest point of leverage would be the negative press (and positive press of say richer sounds) of currys and others having this issue brought to more peoples attention.

the entire farce of this setup is pretty clear to us all, none of us would be happy with such poor and limited support from both currys and samsung. its just a shame they dont realise an already committed purchaser is worth a lot to them, they will spend money attracting new custom, but dont see the bigger picture when we complain.

ildeduuk
Pioneer
Options

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Paul

Paul

oh im far from ruling that out, just going through the steps. Ive no experience of the small claims court, generally only been involved in much larger cases where the first step is to get case specific advice from someone with legal experience in the exact field.

but I suppose as its a consumer matter and not a business matter CAB would be a good next step, im just not sure how specific and exact the advice would be.

i also think that if we have solid information, either going through the arbitration and winning or case spefific advice, it would make it easier to approach outlets who are involved in consumer affaors, money saving expert for example.

I think one of our biggest point of leverage would be the negative press (and positive press of say richer sounds) of currys and others having this issue brought to more peoples attention.

the entire farce of this setup is pretty clear to us all, none of us would be happy with such poor and limited support from both currys and samsung. its just a shame they dont realise an already committed purchaser is worth a lot to them, they will spend money attracting new custom, but dont see the bigger picture when we complain.

I think a good option would be that, talk to the newspaper and show how Currys is dealing with this. I'm not the best explaining myself because of my english and even more with legal terms so it would be very helpful the help of others to write something on the newspaper or moneysavingexpert for example

ildeduuk
Pioneer
Options

A big next step! This is the last answer from currys, what do you think?

"Thank you for your further response.   

I am aware of the wording on the link that you have provided and this issues has been referred to my supervisor who has reviewed and agrees that as we did not advertise the unit you purchased as having the Smart things Dongle we have therefore not mis-sold the product. 

However as gesture of goodwill I would be happy to raise a voucher for £99.99 to allow you to purchase a SAMSUNG SmartThings Hub (Product code: 144378). Please be advised that this is offered without prejudice and as a full and final settlement and does not imply that we accept responsibility. I will leave this offer open to you until the 7th of February 2018 should you wish to accept. 

I do await your response. "

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ildeduuk wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@Ronson808 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

Paul

Paul

I think a good option would be that, talk to the newspaper and show how Currys is dealing with this. I'm not the best explaining myself because of my english and even more with legal terms so it would be very helpful the help of others to write something on the newspaper or moneysavingexpert for example

I can see where you are going with the news papers but on the grand scale I do not think this would get to page 27 ish and Curry's could just deny as they have with us. I have contacted Trusted reviews and what hi fi but had no reply, so I think we have to follow our legal avenues rather than trying to shame them. We have an extremely strong case and I strongly believe if court was started they would settle before, and this is where any crowd funded money I think would be best spent. 

My main interest in this to hopefully force the retailers to put pressure onto Samsung for them to honour their promises in respect to HLG and HDR10+ and I think if Samsung updated our TV's that would end this thread.

Paul

Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

@ildeduuk wrote:

I am aware of the wording on the link that you have provided and this issues has been referred to my supervisor who has reviewed and agrees that as we did not advertise the unit you purchased as having the Smart things Dongle we have therefore not mis-sold the product. 

However as gesture of goodwill I would be happy to raise a voucher for £99.99 to allow you to purchase a SAMSUNG SmartThings Hub (Product code: 144378). Please be advised that this is offered without prejudice and as a full and final settlement and does not imply that we accept responsibility. I will leave this offer open to you until the 7th of February 2018 should you wish to accept. 

Samsung’s 2016 SUHD TVs have a built-in SmartThings hub, which is normally bought separately.

Your new TV will come with the SmartThings Extend, a small USB-like dongle that plugs into your TV. Once you’ve done this, switch on your TV and connect to Wi-Fi.

from a currys domain website? its pretty clear the issue is with samsung and currys who are then passing this onto us.

are they saying in good faith that we cannot trust the information on their own websites?

how you feel about this?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ildeduuk wrote:

First crack in their defence. By offering some thing in what they think would be an equal replacement is an acknowledgement of misrepresentation. The bit saying it does not accept responsibility is rubbish because why offer what they think is a resolution?. I think now you need to ask how you will be able to connect your TV to the smart hub that they are offering to you, as they advertised with the smart connect the TV would be the center of the Internet of things. That's all as we know you would need the smart connect which they advertised and not now supplying.

Paul

ildeduuk
Pioneer
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@ildeduuk wrote:

First crack in their defence. By offering some thing in what they think would be an equal replacement is an acknowledgement of misrepresentation. The bit saying it does not accept responsibility is rubbish because why offer what they think is a resolution?. I think now you need to ask how you will be able to connect your TV to the smart hub that they are offering to you, as they advertised with the smart connect the TV would be the center of the Internet of things. That's all as we know you would need the smart connect which they advertised and not now supplying.

Paul

Hi Paul,

so what do you suggest I should say to Currys now? 

ildeduuk
Pioneer
Options

I think I can insist that my unit was advertised to come with the SmartThings dongle because it says Samsung SUHD 2016 TVs, I think that would be enough to advertised my TV as it. 

The other thing I can say, tell me if I'm wrong, is that SmartThings is not supported with my TV so it is not valid for me to have that dongle with my TV.

What do you think?

0 Likes