Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Voyager

How did you get on @R1ckmister

Explorer

Still waiting on Amex for a response, to be fair I've not called them as I've been travelling, will chase them next week andsee what is going on.

Explorer

SUCCESS! Just had a full refund from Currys! Manager then asked what tv I was after, walked straight out the store 😂 

now I’m stumped on what to get now.

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

SUCCESS! Just had a full refund from Currys! Manager then asked what tv I was after, walked straight out the store 😂 

now I’m stumped on what to get now.

Brilliant,  and that should help everyone.  Looks like they were pushing all the way,  but not to court.  I hope you got any costs. 

Well done,  and can you post in the results thread with as much details as possible to help other's.  Just shows we were all right,  and these retailers lied,  misled and were dishonest,  a disgrace,  but faced with the law they had to settle. 

Great again,  long battle with Curry's. 

Paul

Explorer

They offered a refund due to the fault or because of the misleading selling of the TV?

Explorer

@hmsq wrote:

They offered a refund due to the fault or because of the misleading selling of the TV?

Misselling In the end as it was escalated to legal due to me kicking up a right stink. Shouldn’t have gotten a full refund, should have been a repair or voucher if it was a faulty tv for a new “like for like spec” tv. 

Let me tell you though, it’s a long fight with Currys and you have to sadly be somewhat disrespectful in their stores.

What really did it in the end was me approaching their customers and making them aware too of past behaviour, at least 3 people I spoke to walked away from a near sale. Management then threatened to call the police (didn’t know taking to someone was illegal 🤷‍♂️)  to which i just laughed and that’s when he finally escalated the issue with knowhow management and then their legal team to get a decision, he then expected to make a sale off me with my refund!!! 

I may have acted a right tit but in the end having an attitude with Currys won me my fight and I held off filing papers so it only cost me a bit of fuel and my time. 

Just shows if you shout loud enough 9/10 times business will just cave. 

Voyager

@hmsq wrote:

Unfortunately I believe this TV was written off due to a fault and nothing to do with the mis selling. It doesn't really help our cases. 

I'm about 3 weeks from my court date and need to start getting everything I need together. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. 

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

@hmsq wrote:

Unfortunately I believe this TV was written off due to a fault and nothing to do with the mis selling. It doesn't really help our cases. 

I'm about 3 weeks from my court date and need to start getting everything I need together. To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about the whole thing. 

Sorry thought was for misrepresentation. 

Remember John Lewis paid out with costs before Court. 

Navigator

I'm about 7 weeks into my section 75 claim against curry's creation finance. So I should we hearing something within a week or so!

Voyager

@R1ckmister wrote:

@hmsq wrote:

Misselling In the end as it was escalated to legal due to me kicking up a right stink. Shouldn’t have gotten a full refund, should have been a repair or voucher if it was a faulty tv for a new “like for like spec” tv.  

Hey R1ckmister, would you be willing to share your reference number and real name with me?  I'm about 2 weeks away from my court date with Currys and want all the ammo I can get. Thanks

Top Liked Authors