Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Explorer

I've now sent off all the evidence to Amex so lets see what their team responds back with.

Explorer

I've been told by JL that my complaint went all the way to their legal team and that their official stance to the multiple complaints they have recieved is that the TV was not missold and the SmartThings Hub is the remedy.

 

Has anybody had a success with JL? They say that's the end of it and I did not purchase with a credit card (*****), what would be my next step?

 

Thanks,

 

AJ

Black Belt 

@Gimpfont wrote:

I've been told by JL that my complaint went all the way to their legal team and that their official stance to the multiple complaints they have recieved is that the TV was not missold and the SmartThings Hub is the remedy.

 

Has anybody had a success with JL? They say that's the end of it and I did not purchase with a credit card (*****), what would be my next step?

 

Thanks,

 

AJ


If you look on this link

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Re-KS-Owners-refund-Results/m-p/591873#M14588

 

someone went down the small claims route and JL refunded averything including court costs, out of court. The reason they did this is they know if it goes to court and they lost it would open the doors to everyone. So thier tactic is to try to put people off. Your way forward is the small claims court. It can all be done online, but there is a small cost.

More info on how people have done that is in this condensed version thread 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/KS-Owners-Refund-usefull-info/m-p/579806#M14123

 

Paul

Explorer
Thank you very much
Highlighted
Explorer
Any news from the guys who have taken currys to the small courts?
Voyager

My court date is 5th of April. 

Navigator

5 weeks into my section 75 claim through curry's creation fiance so only 3 weeks remaining I hope,

So far curry's have not yet responded to my claim as was sent a letter. 

Black Belt 

@Richierich99 wrote:

5 weeks into my section 75 claim through curry's creation fiance so only 3 weeks remaining I hope,

So far curry's have not yet responded to my claim as was sent a letter. 


They will string it out as long as possible. 

Explorer

My Samsung tv has been In for repair under Currys warranty last month due to intense backlight bleed under some pixels, but the repair job is terrible literally the back of the tv is popped open on one side.

 

Anyhow stumbled upon this post and realised how I forgot about SmartThings, filed section 75 against my CC (MBNA) & took the tv into store today along with all the marketing material from Currys website which explicitly says USB dongle to be supplied Inc 2016 and advertises the feature, to be told I need to send the manager a email with this and wait. Fat chance of hearing them luckily I financed the tv elsewhere. 

 

Personally with all this, I’m never buying a Samsung tv ever again. 

Black Belt 

@R1ckmister wrote:

My Samsung tv has been In for repair under Currys warranty last month due to intense backlight bleed under some pixels, but the repair job is terrible literally the back of the tv is popped open on one side.

 

Anyhow stumbled upon this post and realised how I forgot about SmartThings, filed section 75 against my CC (MBNA) & took the tv into store today along with all the marketing material from Currys website which explicitly says USB dongle to be supplied Inc 2016 and advertises the feature, to be told I need to send the manager a email with this and wait. Fat chance of hearing them luckily I financed the tv elsewhere. 

 

Personally with all this, I’m never buying a Samsung tv ever again. 

 

Hopefully you get things sorted. 

Top Liked Authors