Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners refund

(Topic created on: 29-01-2019 04:06 PM)
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Do all you good people who bought a 2016 Samsung TV know Samsung have stopped supporting it. The promised they would support HLG (BBC Iplayer HDR). This was in the Dec 2016 Trusted Reviews and What Hi Fi. They have not and if you had bought a Panasonic or LG 2016 set you would be able to watch Iplayer Blue Planet 2 in glorious HLG. This is a big issue because HLG looks like the standard for all over the air broadcasting. Samsung are not even supporting a 4K update to Iplayer. The reason looks like it will cost just 5 cents or pence per unit. So my telly I bought in Jan 2017 is deemed as out of date by Samsung!!!!!!

You wrote in your Dec 2016 issue that Samsung were supporting HLG in their 2016 models. Do you know that Samsung have supported their 2017 models but not the 2016 models. I know because the BBC IPlayer Blue Planet 2 will not play in 4K or HLG. It's not good considering Panasonic and LG both do support their 2016 models. It means my KS model I bought in Jan is now deemed out of date by Samsung. It looks like their are royalty fees which Samsung will not pay! Not good.

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund Smiley Happy

All those who bought a Samsung TV in 2016 may have claim for miss selling. It basically means that all you folks who bought the 2016 Samsung units have 2 choices. After Dec 2016 and if you had seen any articles that are press release's about HLG support and that influenced you decision to buy may have a case. For all those owners who read the info from the retailers on their web pages and saw and was influenced by the promise of the smart connect which has not been honoured, then you also have a case for miss selling. If you all spread this in all available media then I am sure the retailers would put pressure on to Samsung to correct this. If nothing else you could end up with nice shiny LG or Panasonic, or the new Philips that all are HLG BBC iplayer compatible, and with the HDR10 plus that again Samsung have still not implemented, you may be best with LG and Dolby Vision.

Also take a copy of the retailers web page before they change the description.

I will try to explain how to get a refund for miss selling (seen how much the LG's have come down). I followed this way and got a full refund or a JS8000.

You need to show that you asked or believed that or influenced by claims made about the capabilities of the TV. With BBC Iplayer HLG it's from the Trusted reviews and What Hi Fi, and any other publications and if you asked the retailer.

https://www.whathifi.com/advice/hdr-tv-what-it-how-can-you-get-it#6locceZo3Zf8yi5T.99

you can show you had been informed.

It's different with the smart connect as that is advertised on the main retailers web sites,

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1
http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

As the donngle's have not turned up you now claim miss selling, so either go to your retailer or email them with the web page, and explain why you think you were miss sold. Also phone Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 and raise a case (this also gets past on to Trading Standards). Explain that the retailer informed you off the capabilities via their web page information, and either show the page printer or the link, as above.

They will advise and link you to some template letters to send to your retailer.

I had to send a letter of intent to take legal action (template from Citizens Advice) against Curry's but then they gave me a refund.

So mention all the promises from Samsung full support for HLG, Smart Connect, and HDR10+

It will cost nothing to ask and again may bring some pressure on to Samsung.

2,560 REPLIES 2,560
dipesh44
Pioneer
Options

Currys reply when i asked them confirm the misselling

In order to receive a response from our Legal Department, they would need be contacted via a Legal Representative.

0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you for getting back in touch.  I am sorry you feel you can not agree with the offer made to you to resolve this, as it is clear you have had the use of the television for 2 years.

As this is our final response, we are obliged to inform you that you have the right to refer your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) provider. You have up to twelve months to do this.

Please find below the contact details for a certified ADR provider.

Ombudsman Services

Address:

Ombudsman Services
The Brew House
Widerspool
Greenall’s Avenue
Warrington
WA4 6HL

We need to advise you that ADR is voluntary and it is not a procedure to which we subscribe. Therefore any ADR decision would not be binding.

I trust this clarifies our position.

Yours sincerely,

I've already sent my section 75 off... Do I need do anything else as I've already told curry's that's what I'm doing.. 

And the adr is there any point 

Regards

0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options

I've just done the same, emailed them back their last email and asked them if this is their final response.

I'm going to start the process directly with my CC Amex UK, so will update when I've got an answer.

I also have an issue with the TV as previously mentioned regardign ARC not working properly and waking the TV up during the night, but I'll work on this first and fall back on that later for now.

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

@hmsq wrote:

I've just done the same, emailed them back their last email and asked them if this is their final response.

I'm going to start the process directly with my CC Amex UK, so will update when I've got an answer.

I also have an issue with the TV as previously mentioned regardign ARC not working properly and waking the TV up during the night, but I'll work on this first and fall back on that later for now.

Same here sent my email off to the finance company on Monday morning,.i seng them links to curry's website that states the USB dongle etc etc.. I also stated I case with richer sounds that was refunded to the buyer and I also stated a case reference number to the same fiance company that I'm dealing with and that there getting a full refund due to misrepresentation. 

I just can't see how my claim. Can fail with all the proof. But then agian the law is ***** up so anyone's guess.... 

0 Likes
hmsq
Pioneer
Options

Got confirmation the previous email was their final response. So section 75 it is.

Having reviewed the situation, I can confirm that this is the only resolution that is being supplied at this time.  It has been noted that you will be contacting your credit card with regard to this matter and we will await communication from them in due course.

I apologise for being unable to offer further assistance with regard to this matter.
0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

@Mylo75 wrote:
The financial ombudsman sent me a letter the other day saying it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before they look at my case. I've been en thinking I should have went straight to small claims court.

Keep us updated this will be interesting 

As I've filed a section 75 with  curry's creation finance , and I've got a feeling that curry's and creation are somehow linked together in a way that I will loose  I'm not going to let this drop! 

0 Likes
hasani007
Explorer
Options
Any one gone to small courts and won yet?
0 Likes
Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

@tarbat wrote:

@dipesh44 wrote:

Why pay at all if you truly believe you are innocent

Companies often pay full or partial refunds as a goodwill gesture without admitting fault. Just because Currys and John Lewis have made refunds doesn’t indicate that they admit that they’re at fault.

Any luck with the court claim?

0 Likes
jaguar1
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone

I bought a Samsung ue65ks8000 in jan 2017, ive started a claim for a refund and just got a call from a case manager customer relations in head of customer services who stated they cant refund as there was a clause in the description of the item which is below.

“Don't forget...
If you want to connect your TV to a blu-ray player, games console, soundbar or soundbase then you'll need a HDMI cable.
View our collection of cables & connections

And if you’re looking to elevate your viewing experience with cable management, then why not take a look at our wall mounts and TV stands.

*Some services may require subscription (sold separately)

Please note: A Smart TV is a platform that can run 3rd party Apps. 3rd party content providers may remove Apps from the Smart TV platform or stop supporting them at any time, and we cannot guarantee an App’s availability. When new Smart TV products are launched, there may also be a delay before certain Apps become available. Availability of Apps is not included within the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, or the John Lewis 2-year Guarantee for audio visual products, or the 5-year Guarantee for TVs.”

I have never seen this before and to me it looks JL has inserted this in ALL samsung tvs they have sold and are selling now and lying this clause was always there when i bought the tv.

Has anyone seen this before???

Then i got a call from a customer relations manager who advised to contact Samsung for a hub or if i reject that to contact their legal dept..

Please help

thanks guys for any help advice received

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Richierich99 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@dipesh44 wrote:

Why pay at all if you truly believe you are innocent

Companies often pay full or partial refunds as a goodwill gesture without admitting fault. Just because Currys and John Lewis have made refunds doesn’t indicate that they admit that they’re at fault.

Any luck with the court claim?

Richer Sounds lost their ADR so had to give a full refund. Curry's so far have not and I think they will never let this get to court because it sets a president,  so will settle always before.