Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Navigator

@dipesh44 wrote:

People shouldn't be making claims just to get on the bandwagon,as it saturates genuine claims! 

Claim only if you knew what you were buying i.e the smart features in built in to the tv not because you have read this thread

That is why im posting here prior. That said, my dad was impressed with the KS9000 when he saw it so purchased one himself from Richer Sounds.

So I will forward him on to this.

Thank you

Current Samsung Devices:
65 Q9FN Tv
Galaxy Tab S4
Galaxy S10+
Gear S3 Frontier
Galaxy S9+
Galaxy Tab A 10.1
R3 speakers
Samsung cooker, fridge, microwave, DW
So much Samsung, so many problems...I'll learn one day!
Apprentice

John Lewis aren't budging here. Latest reply from them:

Dear Graeme, 

Thanks for replying to my previous email.

As you will appreciate, due to GDPR legislation, I’m unable to discuss other customers and their complaints and so unable to make comparisons with your own experience.

I regret you’re disappointed with our resolution.  However, as there is no way to provide the functionality Samsung had promised, we believe our resolution has offered the most like for like function as possible, and therefore, our stance will remain unchanged.

The information Samsung provided us with was correct at the point of sale and as the circumstances of this changed and they were unable to fulfil their promise, we reacted by providing our customers the fairest resolution available to provide the closest functionality as possible. 

You’ve advised you’re considering taking this matter further and should you wish to do this, we would request your legal representative makes contact with our Legal Department at the following address:

Legal Department 
John Lewis PLC
171 Victoria Street
London 
SW1E 5NN

It is always disappointing when we are unable to reach a conclusion which is satisfactory for our customer; however, occasionally this is unavoidable. I am sorry that this has proved to be such an occasion. Whilst I regret you remain dissatisfied, I believe we have responded fairly and appropriately to your concerns.

Kind regards, 

Sophie

Sophie Shearing
Partner & Customer Relations Case Manager
John Lewis & Partners

Explorer

I would argue that GDPR protects you from having your data being distributed or accessed without your consent. But people that post their case ids on public forums (including me) give an implicit consent for their cases to be accessed

Apprentice

It was your case reference number that I used 

Black Belt 

@JamboGee92 wrote:

It was your case reference number that I used 

I think because they settled before Court there is no president,  so they can play the hard game. Unlike the ADR against Richer Sounds.  Looks like they are going to force you down the small claims route. If you wish to do that as they have already settled and you have permission to use that info, also claim for your time. 

Paul

Explorer

I find it crazy that John Lewis gave me a full refund with no messing around after the first email, they simply collected the TV and then issued a full refund, 7 day turn around in total.

I have no details to give or I would, it was that simple for me but my case number was 

CASE-09469555 if that helps.

I did have issues over the phone with them, they didnt have a clue but the email I sent sovled everything.

@JamboGee92 wrote:

John Lewis aren't budging here. Latest reply from them:

Dear Graeme, 

Thanks for replying to my previous email.

As you will appreciate, due to GDPR legislation, I’m unable to discuss other customers and their complaints and so unable to make comparisons with your own experience.

I regret you’re disappointed with our resolution.  However, as there is no way to provide the functionality Samsung had promised, we believe our resolution has offered the most like for like function as possible, and therefore, our stance will remain unchanged.

The information Samsung provided us with was correct at the point of sale and as the circumstances of this changed and they were unable to fulfil their promise, we reacted by providing our customers the fairest resolution available to provide the closest functionality as possible. 

You’ve advised you’re considering taking this matter further and should you wish to do this, we would request your legal representative makes contact with our Legal Department at the following address:

Legal Department 
John Lewis PLC
171 Victoria Street
London 
SW1E 5NN

It is always disappointing when we are unable to reach a conclusion which is satisfactory for our customer; however, occasionally this is unavoidable. I am sorry that this has proved to be such an occasion. Whilst I regret you remain dissatisfied, I believe we have responded fairly and appropriately to your concerns.

Kind regards, 

Sophie

Sophie Shearing
Partner & Customer Relations Case Manager
John Lewis & Partners

Apprentice

Thats interesting.  I keep getting the mess around with them, although have already started proceedings against them

I'd be interested to hear if they've finally seen sense

Explorer

A lot of back and forth with Currys with me standing me standing my ground has resulted in the below. I have not yet decided on my next steps.

Thanks for your further email.

I am sorry to learn that you remain disappointed with the resolution that we have offered. Our position remains that in our view, as the television is fit for its intended purpose, is of satisfactory quality and not defective, we do not agree that you are entitled to a full refund of the purchase price.

We do feel that the option to obtain a free of charge Samsung SmartThings hub ( V2 ) is a reasonable remedy, given that Samsung have taken the decision to not introduce the SmartThings dongle. The SmartThings Hub ( V2 ) can be obtained by contacting support@smartthings.co.uk and providing the following information:

• TV model number
  • Serial number
  • Picture of the label containing all model / serial details ( this can usually be found on the back of the TV )
  • Proof of purchase

In addition to the above, I am able to offer you a live with payment to the value of £150.00. This offer is made on a without prejudice basis and in full and final settlement of this matter.

Should you wish to accept this full and final offer, please kindly confirm by return and I will be happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Similar offer to mine.

I have refused it and counting down to initiate proceedings in the small claims court.
Voyager

@Domaz1 wrote:
Soon as I have returned the TV and the refund has processed I shall share my case details.

Hey there,

How's it going. Has the return and refund happened yet?

Top Liked Authors