Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Apprentice

im in no rush

Highlighted
Apprentice

Same with me! I am not gonna give up anytime soon. 

I am raising a case with Citizens Advice.

A question:
I used a vise credit card for the purchase but I have cancelled the credit card last year.
Under Consumer Credit Act 1974 - Section 75 do I need to raise a claim with the Aqua that I got the credit card from, or with Visa credit directly? 

As I mentioned I no longer have this credit card, since I cancelled it last year.

Thanks

Black Belt 

@Zentachi wrote:

Same with me! I am not gonna give up anytime soon. 

I am raising a case with Citizens Advice.

A question:
I used a vise credit card for the purchase but I have cancelled the credit card last year.
Under Consumer Credit Act 1974 - Section 75 do I need to raise a claim with the Aqua that I got the credit card from, or with Visa credit directly? 

As I mentioned I no longer have this credit card, since I cancelled it last year.

Thanks

You are still covered and need to raise it with your credit card issuer. 

Black Belt 

@alex_92812 wrote:

@dipesh44 wrote:

Smarthings Extend and SmartThings Hub are two different things! Do not accept their response

Agreed with this. I'm currently in the process of claiming through an S75 request. It was initially rejected because Currys advised my card provider that the Hub was available instead. I ended up web-chatting with a Samsung customer support agent to confirm whether or not the functionality that is advertised by Currys, and which convinced me to buy the TV over the other available options, was possible. Samsung confirmed that it was not. I then sent a transcript of this chat to my card provider, asking for the request to be reopened.

If you are happy with the hub as an alternative, then by all means accept that, but make sure it enables the functionality that you are after first.

Hi can you post that transcript here as it is more evidence and could help others here.  Thanks. 

Paul

Explorer
Exactly! Do not give up! If you initially brought your TV to be the centre of your "internet of things" something that is meant to be built in to your TV that allows you to control other connected devices do not accept their offer. They are offering something completely different. It's like buying a smart phone and saying you can't browse the web but you can make a phone call, but you can with this cheap tablet on the side. It's not what you are buying
First Poster

I ended up taking the hub they offered me ,  (I have a samsung series 9 ), I use it to control Philips hue a few door and motion sensors and connect it to amazon echo , it doesn’t control my tv though so it all depends on what you want to control 

Apprentice

These Currys jokers aint having any of it heh

Thanks for your email dated 3rd December 2018.

As before-mentioned by my colleague, as Samsung has opened a support channel for their televisions purchased in 2016, you can contact them using the below email and requirements to resolve this.  We are unable to process your request for a full refund.

Smart Things Support: support@smartthings.co.uk

Television Model
Serial Number
Picture of the label at the back of the television
Proof of purchase
Your address details

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Alfie Smith

Team Knowhow

Black Belt 

@Can7 wrote:

These Currys jokers aint having any of it heh

Thanks for your email dated 3rd December 2018.

As before-mentioned by my colleague, as Samsung has opened a support channel for their televisions purchased in 2016, you can contact them using the below email and requirements to resolve this.  We are unable to process your request for a full refund.

Smart Things Support: support@smartthings.co.uk

Television Model
Serial Number
Picture of the label at the back of the television
Proof of purchase
Your address details

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.  Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Alfie Smith

Team Knowhow

They are playing hard ball and they know that under the law they can only have to give refunds if ordered to do so by Court.  It just shows how bent they are as it is a clear breach of consumer law which they can ignore it until the customer has to go to the trouble and expense of court.  At least section 75 is easy and free and online court is relatively straight forward,  and now John Lewis has payed court costs and given a full refund,  it is only a matter of time before Curry's does the same. 

Paul

Apprentice

Trustpilot has a new Currys review today. Wonder who on here wrote that!?

First Poster

What is the difference between the two I have been offered one by currys today. Not sure what to do.

Top Liked Authors