Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

My argument is that I was patiently waiting while the dongle was delayed. Once the announcment came in July 2018 that the dongle would not be supplied I began my claim wihin 30 days of the annoucment. 

Be ready for the argument that you should have asked the retailer about the missing dongle earlier, rather than relying on statements on twitter and in this forum by a third party (Samsung).

I see that as a possible  issue but,  civil court is about what is reasonable and I think you should be able to show it is not unreasonable to rely on statements from the manufacturer as to when the dongle would be made available.  You can show this was a correct decision as it was from the moderator on this forum who informed us that the dongle would not be made available, not the retailers, and that was only a few months back. 

Hey Paul, do you have a link to this announcement?

If you have a look on the condensed version of this thread,  ks owners refund more info thread,  which has just 7 pages,  and it is on there with loads of other useful info. 

Voyager

@paul1277 wrote:
You can show this was a correct decision as it was from the moderator on this forum who informed us that the dongle would not be made available, not the retailers, and that was only a few months back. 

But does the moderator here represent Samsung in any official capacity? Maybe better to rely on their Twitter feed - http://twitter.com/smartthings/status/940285902059798529

Black Belt 

@tarbat wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:
You can show this was a correct decision as it was from the moderator on this forum who informed us that the dongle would not be made available, not the retailers, and that was only a few months back. 

But does the moderator here represent Samsung in any official capacity? Maybe better to rely on their Twitter feed - http://twitter.com/smartthings/status/940285902059798529

@I think if you asked @AntS if has official capacity,  as this is Samsung's own support,  and forum,  so I do think when they make an announcement it is from Samsung. The Twitter feed you have posted says nothing,  apart from saying it does not work. 

Explorer

As mentioned by someone already, like myself I have the additional “whatever happens” cover on my ks7000. Would I be able to get a replacement/new TV set via this route as the tv was misrepresented, or would that not qualify? I mean, the tv can also have an “accident” if they refused 

Voyager

@Hitsta wrote:

As mentioned by someone already, like myself I have the additional “whatever happens” cover on my ks7000. Would I be able to get a replacement/new TV set via this route as the tv was misrepresented, or would that not qualify? I mean, the tv can also have an “accident” if they refused 

I sent a message to Knowhow yesterday and had an automated response but haven't heard anything else from them yet  

Explorer
Nice one, give us a update plz when u hear something back. I might end up going down this route for my 2 TVs if it works out easier than court etc
Explorer

Does anyone know whats RIcherSOunds policy on this? has anyone contact customer service on this? what have they done regarding this.

Black Belt 

@mstar wrote:

Does anyone know whats RIcherSOunds policy on this? has anyone contact customer service on this? what have they done regarding this.

If you look on the ks owners refund results thread and it will show how people have got on. The ks owners more info thread is a condensed version with all the info you will need. 

Paul

Explorer
Read all this thread last night, some great info, so thank you. Been on the phone today and been offered £540 on a £700 43 inch KS7500.

I'm hoping I could potentially get an upgrade, is there anyone who could help figure out what TV I could get that is potentially better?
Highlighted
Helping Hand

@mstar wrote:

No, no-one knows Richer Sounds' policy, and Richer Sounds have never been discussed before on this thread. :(

That was sarcasm in case it wasn't obvious. For goodness sake, you can't just post that right at the end of the thread without bothering to read for yourself or do a simple search. We're not all your slaves here to summarise things for you - it's very rude to everyone else to do that. :(

Top Liked Authors