Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@TimRex wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@TimRexNot cheap at €299. 

When you consider it's basically the entire logic board + processor.. replacing every function of the television - I'm surprised it isn't more expensive.

Then again, giving these away for free to people with legitimate refund concerns, like this thread... perhaps is more cost effective?

What I read it is not available in the UK.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@paul1277 What I read it is not available in the UK.

I've just read even closer, and it only supports up to the JS series..   KS series owners still screwed.

Explorer

My claim against JL with regards to my KS7000 has also been issued last week, after more than two months of back and fro communication, a Deadlock and a Letter Before Action having expired. I am now at the final lap with regards to this story. One week after the claim issue has passed with no communication, I saw in this forum that there is a possibility they ask 14 days extension, so it is now a waiting game.

Even though I read increasingly JL started refunding, my case does not attest to that yet. 

Voyager

@yannis_i wrote:

My claim against JL with regards to my KS7000 has also been issued last week, after more than two months of back and fro communication, a Deadlock and a Letter Before Action having expired.

If it goes the same as my claim did against John Lewis, the next thing they’ll do is instruct solicitors to defend the case, and the solicitor then negotiated a settlement with me.

Voyager

Currys have until Tuesday at 4pm to respond to my Money Claim. 

Does anyone think I'll get an offer on Monday or Tuesday?

I don't think I'll hear anything and I'll be sending a Judgement by default request email at 4.01pm.

Black Belt 

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

Currys have until Tuesday at 4pm to respond to my Money Claim. 

Does anyone think I'll get an offer on Monday or Tuesday?

I don't think I'll hear anything and I'll be sending a Judgement by default request email at 4.01pm.

Typical of Curry's. Please let us know how things go.

Paul

Voyager

@paul1277 wrote:

Typical of Curry's. Please let us know how things go.

Paul

Will do. 

Apprentice

Got my first reply from Currys from my initial contact:

Thank you for your email dated 25th September 2018.

It is concerning to learn of the issue that you have encountered.  Your email clearly expresses your disappointment and I would like to extend my apologies for any negative impression that may have been created.

However, in this situation, we are unable to agree with your comments regarding this TV as being mis-sold. Samsungs decision to no longer support there planned Smart Things features on some models of TV in no way affects the working or specification of the TV as sold, and as such we are unable to support your request under the Consumer Rights Act.

Please be assured that we do understand your concerns, and they have been documented for review and the appropriate internal action. Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Team Knowhow

I'd like to contact Currys SCC Customer Solutions Team next as regardless of a working TV it doesn't include all the features I was promised in the advertising.  Does anyone have the right email to use as I can't seem to find it on the currys site?

Explorer
Hi ONe111,
This is the email address you require, SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam@teamknowhow.com
Apprentice

@LeRoi7 wrote:
Hi ONe111,
This is the email address you require, SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam@teamknowhow.com

Thank You

Top Liked Authors