Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:
Having looked over some of the previous comments am I correct in thinking I need to send Currys a letter of intent after reaching deadlock before I can start the small claims process. If so do we a letter of intent posted on the forum for reference or a template I could use?

Yes,  and the citizen's advice site has all the info you need. Section75 route is also an option. 

Paul 

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@PeteDansk wrote:
Having looked over some of the previous comments am I correct in thinking I need to send Currys a letter of intent after reaching deadlock before I can start the small claims process. If so do we a letter of intent posted on the forum for reference or a template I could use?

Also on the ks refund more info thread is a bit more condensed and has useful info. 

Paul 

Highlighted
Voyager

@paul1277

What do you think of my latest email from SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam?

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to comment on the policies of other retailers and advise that, at this time, we are not in a position to offer a full refund.

As detailed in my previous correspondence, in view of the matter we would offer a depreciated credit amount of £1,374.23, which could be used towards a replacement.  We are still awaiting a response from our Head Office in relation to your legal query, but I am afraid we have no indication of when this may be. As soon as we receive a response from them, I shall inform you of the outcome accordingly.

In the meantime, if you did wish to accept the depreciated credit amount, I am able to have this raised immediately.

Highlighted
Navigator

Just to note, I think its a Letter Before Action, not a letter of intent.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@Tannoy20 wrote:

Just to note, I think its a Letter Before Action, not a letter of intent.

Sorry keep getting mixed up. I did say it was a letter of intent i used against Curry's when I got a refund on a JS model. 

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi. I'm new and just about to embark on a refund/replacement for my ks8000 with Richer Sounds.  I've spent most of the morning having a read through all the posts and a big thanks to everyone who has posted their experiences. The info has been very helpful.

I've dealt with RS in the past and can't fault them so hopefully things will go smoothly. 

Highlighted
Voyager

I've finally reached a deal with John Lewis, via their solicitor, so have accepted an 83% refund. I received a payment from them of £1500 yesterday, and John Lewis will arrange to collect the TV soon. I'm happy with the deal, which I believe is fair and equitable given the circumstances, and I'm relieved that I don't have to go through the full Sheriff Court process.

I've also today ordered a replacement TV, a 55" Panasonic OLED (TX-55FZ952B). I'll never, ever buy another Samsung product.

Off Topic, but beware of trying to buy from Richer Sounds. Note their delivery small-print. I’ve highlighted the parts that caught me out.

”If you live in the following areas we cannot provide our free or next day delivery services - Scottish Highlands & Offshore Islands, Isle Of Wight, Isle Of Man, Isles Of Scilly and Channel Islands. For delivery to these areas please call our telesales team who will happily provide a quotation for all items 32” and under. Unfortunately we are not currently able to send items over 32” to the above areas.

Highlighted
Voyager

Sorry to post again but I'm wondering what to do about this situation. The last email I received from SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam reads

"I am unable to comment on the policies of other retailers and advise that, at this time, we are not in a position to offer a full refund.

As detailed in my previous correspondence, in view of the matter we would offer a depreciated credit amount of £1,374.23, which could be used towards a replacement. We are still awaiting a response from our Head Office in relation to your legal query, but I am afraid we have no indication of when this may be. As soon as we receive a response from them, I shall inform you of the outcome accordingly.

In the meantime, if you did wish to accept the depreciated credit amount, I am able to have this raised immediately."

I'd like to respond but I'm not sure what to say. It seems they're expecting me to wait indefinitely for an answer from HQ. That can't be right!

Highlighted
Pathfinder

@Tyler_Durden wrote:

Sorry to post again but I'm wondering what to do about this situation. The last email I received from SCCCustomerSolutionsTeam reads

"I am unable to comment on the policies of other retailers and advise that, at this time, we are not in a position to offer a full refund.

As detailed in my previous correspondence, in view of the matter we would offer a depreciated credit amount of £1,374.23, which could be used towards a replacement. We are still awaiting a response from our Head Office in relation to your legal query, but I am afraid we have no indication of when this may be. As soon as we receive a response from them, I shall inform you of the outcome accordingly.

In the meantime, if you did wish to accept the depreciated credit amount, I am able to have this raised immediately."

I'd like to respond but I'm not sure what to say. It seems they're expecting me to wait indefinitely for an answer from HQ. That can't be right!

Tell them their offer is not acceptable as you are legally entitled to a full refund under current UK law.  

You need to get their deadlock response that lays out their "final position".  Once you have that you can launch a Section 75 claim with your credit card provider, then a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service if that fails, and finally start a claim via the Small Claims court using Money Claim Online.

Highlighted
Pathfinder

@tarbat wrote:

I've finally reached a deal with John Lewis, via their solicitor, so have accepted an 83% refund. I received a payment from them of £1500 yesterday, and John Lewis will arrange to collect the TV soon. I'm happy with the deal, which I believe is fair and equitable given the circumstances, and I'm relieved that I don't have to go through the full Sheriff Court process.

I've also today ordered a replacement TV, a 55" Panasonic OLED (TX-55FZ952B). I'll never, ever buy another Samsung product.

Off Topic, but beware of trying to buy from Richer Sounds. Note their delivery small-print. I’ve highlighted the parts that caught me out.

”If you live in the following areas we cannot provide our free or next day delivery services - Scottish Highlands & Offshore Islands, Isle Of Wight, Isle Of Man, Isles Of Scilly and Channel Islands. For delivery to these areas please call our telesales team who will happily provide a quotation for all items 32” and under. Unfortunately we are not currently able to send items over 32” to the above areas.

Not surprised they didn't want it to go to Court.  

Out of interest, did they ask you to sign an NDA? 

Top Liked Authors