Support

Open search

KS Owners refund

Highlighted
Pathfinder

Agree with Alex, those are stalling tactics from Currys. Their position is well-known and won't change now without being made to.

If you have their email outlining their 'final position' then use that to launch a Section 75 claim from your card provider, then escalate to the Financial Ombudsman Service if no joy there (it's free to do), and finally an LBA to Currys' Registered Office followed by starting a claim via MCOL (Money Claim Online).

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi,

I’ve been looking to get a refund for misrepresentation from JL for a number of months now for my KS7000 purchased in Nov 2016. I originally sent a polite email using templates off this forum, including evidence etc. I unfortunately started at the head of customer service team and each time I’ve been informed that JL would not be refunding me. Last week I thought I’d made a breakthrough when dealing with a senior customer representative who was confident that he could get me a refund. Following a senior management meeting I was then informed that no refunds would be given. I have been asking JL why my ADR had been ignored, I was asked for my legal representative to contact the JL legal team. I’m at a loss to know what my next step is. I know that A) I have around 4.5 years left to fight this case and B) I am on sound legal footing however JL are adamant that this is the final decision. I’ve spent £6000 + in the last 10 years therefore I am very disappointed with the decision. What are my options? thanks

Highlighted
Apprentice
I should add that this was purchased online, using a debit card....i know why didn't i use a credit card :(
The box, packaging and TV are all in immaculate condition.
I've asked why i'm been treated differently to other customers but they say there position is final.
Has anyone had any success with challenging JL in court or any other ways of trying to organise a refund. I've tried in-store but they say i have to deal with online. I've also tried emailing the the boss Paula Nickolds email address, same result.
From a frustrated JL customer. Next time, i'll buy from Richer Sounds and use my Credit card.
Highlighted
Pathfinder

@Gui007 wrote:
I should add that this was purchased online, using a debit card....i know why didn't i use a credit card :(
The box, packaging and TV are all in immaculate condition.
I've asked why i'm been treated differently to other customers but they say there position is final.
Has anyone had any success with challenging JL in court or any other ways of trying to organise a refund. I've tried in-store but they say i have to deal with online. I've also tried emailing the the boss Paula Nickolds email address, same result.
From a frustrated JL customer. Next time, i'll buy from Richer Sounds and use my Credit card.

Although debit cards aren't eligible for Section 75 they usually have a similar procedure called Chargeback (or similar). Check with your card provider to see what they offer in that regard.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Thanks Moily. I've just looked into this but unfortunately i think i may be out of the time limit for the claim. 540 days ago is Feb 2017. 3 months before i purchased the TV :(
Highlighted
Explorer

Looking at some of the offers that Currys have been making to some members, it appears they're knocking off well over £800 of the original purchase price no matter which KS TV you own.

I have yet to reply to their offer and was wondering how other members on here have been responding to Currys after these offers which i personally think is an insult.

Also has anyone had a final offer from Currys as they seem intent to mess people around and insist that in their opinion the KS TV's were not misold.

Highlighted
Black Belt 

@LeRoi7 wrote:

Looking at some of the offers that Currys have been making to some members, it appears they're knocking off well over £800 of the original purchase price no matter which KS TV you own.

I have yet to reply to their offer and was wondering how other members on here have been responding to Currys after these offers which i personally think is an insult.

Also has anyone had a final offer from Currys as they seem intent to mess people around and insist that in their opinion the KS TV's were not misold.

Unfortunately, it does seem that they are going to take this to the county court door, or until they lose a section 75.

Paul

Highlighted
Explorer

I just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences and progress with their exchanges or refunds regarding the KS range. And especially to forum member Paul who has been a big help, more than any Samsung customer service agent has been.

I posted an update here a while ago where I got a result, where Samsung exchanged my KS7500 TV for a 2018 Q7FN. I believe the 2018 range has all the missing features that were promised for the KS, including the SmartThings functionality.

I'll keep this short and sweet; the exchange did not go well. The first TV had a cluster of dead pixels. Samsung exchanged it for a 2nd Q7FN, this was far worse and they would not accept it as faulty at all. I contact the KS engineer who visited previously and from my email and photos he agreed it was faulty and Samsung should replace it. Despite this they would not agree.

Luckily, the retailer PRC Direct have come through in the end. They have been difficult also in always insisting on an uplift number, which there is no mention of in the law. Luckily Samsung did provide me with an uplift number in the end, much to my surprise. PRC Direct has accepted this and has arranged collection of the Q7FN in place of the original KS7500 and has agreed to refund me.

2x KS7500 TVs. 5x repairs. 2x Q7FN TVs. What a hell of a year. Needless to say I won't be buying Samsung again.

Highlighted
Explorer

We need to keep the pressure up on Currys, i for one will never make another purchase off them and i will continue to alert anyone who'll listen about their shockingly poor customer service etc.

I hope that someone who has already started county court action or a section 75 gets a result against them soon, no matter if some of the others have decided to accept any of the offers that Currys have made.

Apprentice

How are even currys making offers and yet JL are refusing a refund or exchange for a long standing customer who has spent £5000+ at JL in the last few years. I’m confused. 

Top Liked Authors